cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichelMindsUnit
Level: Powered On

Service credits, what are they and how are they consumed?

Hello,

In the license guide for PowerApps+Flow the section about AI Builder mentions service credits.

We can purchase "units", each comes with "1 million service credits"

It's unclear to me what 1 service credit is exactly, can anyone clarify that?
And where can we see our current consumption of these credits?

This is what the guide says about it:

AI Builder capacity is expressed in the form of “service credits”. Service credits serve as the single (common) currency across all the scenarios supported by AI Builder. Available service credits are deducted when AI Builder services are used.
Different scenarios (for example, forms processing, prediction, etc.) burn down service credits at different rates.
Customers should purchase the appropriate number of AI Builder capacity add-on units based on anticipated usage across all scenarios.

It makes sense that the different models consume service credits at different rates (complexity, multi-page documents, what have you) but, without knowing what the value of each service credit is, it's very difficult to purchase the appropriate number of units.

Microsoft gives this example - giving me the hint that there is some kind of calculation that I'm unaware or:

Each unit of “AI Builder capacity add-on” includes 1 million service credits per month. For example, a customer requiring 4.7 million service credits per month (based on anticipated usage), should purchase 5 units of “AI Builder capacity add-on”.

Hope someone can shine some light onto what is 1 service credit, how is it measured and where can I see my current consumption/remaining credits?

- Michel

6 REPLIES 6
v-siky-msft
Level 10

Re: Service credits, what are they and how are they consumed?

Hi @MichelMindsUnit ,

It seems to be something new about AI builder published in the PowerApps and Flow Licensing Guide in 2019.10.

I never seen it before. I think I need to put in the study, if there is any understanding, I will post back.
Also hopefully somone konw this can come here.

Best regards,

Sik

MichelMindsUnit

Hello @v-siky-msft 

Thank you for your reply. Looking forward to hearing the details about this.

- Michel

notj

Has anyone figured this out? We're currently looking at purchasing this but have no idea what the values mean.

v-siky-msft
Level 10

@notj @MichelMindsUnit ,

Please check the following image

Annotation 2019-11-08 173347.png

For more information, please refer to this article and attachments within: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq

Best regards,

Sik

Rebetcha
Level 10

@v-siky-msft ,

When AI Builder was launched in preview they mentioned a calculator to determine the amount of credits needed for a specific model. The calculator was supposed to be available when AI Builder went GA, but I haven't seen anything announced about this and cannot find any information that it is actually available. 

Do you know anything about this?

notj

@v-siky-msft A screenshot of the same information that was posted in the first message doesn't make it any more informative. Which part of that is supposed to make this idea of a "service credit" less arbitrary? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 422 members 6,068 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: