cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KylieRen

Specifying/Tagging subgroups in a table

Hello,

I am new to power automate, and have been trying to build a model that can recognize information in a table from an image and converting it to text (one of the criteria however is that information in a table must map to each other). I'm encountering a seemingly basic problem - that is applying a value in a subgroup to multiple groups. I am trying to apply the last column's first value to the first three items, and the second value to the last three items but the grid cuts the data so that item 1, 3, 4, 6 do not have a corresponding tube ID. How can I fix this given that in advanced tagging I cannot double tag a single value? The grid also does not allow me to delete certain boundaries.

KylieRen_0-1654903813078.png

Here is the preview:

KylieRen_1-1654903945571.png

Alternatively if there is another way to map item 1, 3, 4, 6 (Part number) to Tube ID using another method please let me know as well (hoping for as much automation as possible)! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @KylieRen - welcome to Power Automate and thank you for sharing this use case!

Indeed, today it's not possible to tag multiple times the same cell. Are there always 6 rows in the table you want to extract? If so, when you read the results in a Power Automate cloud flow, you can assume the value for Tube ID for cells 1 & 3 is the same as cell 2.

If number of rows can vary, something you can try is to tag the tube ID in the cell for the first row it corresponds to. If the AI model is able to learn it this way, then when you process each row in a cloud flow you can assume the Tube ID cell value is equal to the previous one until a different, non-empty value is returned. 

Let us know if you try these and what are the results. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @KylieRen - welcome to Power Automate and thank you for sharing this use case!

Indeed, today it's not possible to tag multiple times the same cell. Are there always 6 rows in the table you want to extract? If so, when you read the results in a Power Automate cloud flow, you can assume the value for Tube ID for cells 1 & 3 is the same as cell 2.

If number of rows can vary, something you can try is to tag the tube ID in the cell for the first row it corresponds to. If the AI model is able to learn it this way, then when you process each row in a cloud flow you can assume the Tube ID cell value is equal to the previous one until a different, non-empty value is returned. 

Let us know if you try these and what are the results. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,873)