cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahullakshmanan
Frequent Visitor

Table extraction from PDF where row data is long

Hi,

We have a Editable PDF which has a static table with fixed width, rows and columns. We only need to capture the material description. The model works well in cases when the material description is short and fits in a single line.

When the description is long  it wraps in the same row in two lines. The AI builder recognizes this as two rows instead of one.

I have a ticket open with Microsoft (TrackingID#2109290060003230)and it states that this is a known bug and is being worked upon.

Anyone else face the issue?

7 REPLIES 7
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @rahullakshmanan,

Thanks for your question.

How many documents did you use for training? The more samples you can provide for training where the 'material description' is long, the better the model will get to learn how to recognize rows. 

@JoeF-MSFT i have used 20 PDFs to train the model and the same issue was  also reproduced by Microsoft Support

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks! Let me get the details on the support ticket and I'll report back. 

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Quick update: I got the details from the support ticket and will run some tests and let you know. Thanks for the patience! 

Thank you for your prompt response. Looking forward to hearing from you

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi again! 

I've tested the documents, and the table extraction results seem correct. 🙂 I've sent you a private message to share how I've done the tagging, and keep investigating as we discuss the specifics of your documents.

Hi Joe,

I have replied back to you  via private message about how to recreate the issue and also shared a private preview link which helped fix the issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,819)