cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joelrouviere
Frequent Visitor

Text recognition to Microsoft list or excel

Hi,

Is there a way to populate a Microsoft list or an excel table with text recognition?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @joelrouviere - this is great use case!

Since you already have created a Power App, I'd recommend inserting the Text recognizer component that will let you take a photo and select a text just by tapping on it. Here's an example:

JoeFMSFT_0-1650219742333.png

Here I'm adding an action on the Serial Number text input OnSelect event to set a 'SerialNumber' variable to the text the user selects on the text recognizer control.

JoeFMSFT_1-1650220497727.png

Last, I set the 'SerialNumber' variable to the Default property of the text input. 

JoeFMSFT_2-1650220518294.png

When you run the app, tap a word on the text recognizer control and then on the text input and that word will get populated on the text input. Then you take the values on the text input and write them to the Microsoft List. 

I hope this gives some inspiration!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @joelrouviere - you've come to the right place 🙂 

It's definitely doable to write the results of text recognition to Microsoft List or Excel by building a cloud flow in Power Automate. Can you tell us more about the scenario you want to build so we can suggest the best approach? What type or document or image you want to extract the text from?

joelrouviere
Frequent Visitor

Hi @JoeF-MSFT 

Thank's a lot for taking care about this question.

I have created a PowerApp that is used to enter a claim and send an automatic email to quality department.

This app is populating a Microsoft list with customer information, part number, serial number, picture of the part...

On our parts, we have the Serial Number, the Part Number and the Lot written on, and I would like to take a picture of this with a mobile and populate the fields (P/N, S/N, Lot) and autopopulate the designation linked to the P/N.

The second idea is to take a screenshot of the screen of a specific application and autopopulate an excel file with the numbers and words written on the screen (they are always on the same location on the screen, but the values changes).

The goal is to capture these values without taking to much time to enter manually in an excel file. 

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @joelrouviere - this is great use case!

Since you already have created a Power App, I'd recommend inserting the Text recognizer component that will let you take a photo and select a text just by tapping on it. Here's an example:

JoeFMSFT_0-1650219742333.png

Here I'm adding an action on the Serial Number text input OnSelect event to set a 'SerialNumber' variable to the text the user selects on the text recognizer control.

JoeFMSFT_1-1650220497727.png

Last, I set the 'SerialNumber' variable to the Default property of the text input. 

JoeFMSFT_2-1650220518294.png

When you run the app, tap a word on the text recognizer control and then on the text input and that word will get populated on the text input. Then you take the values on the text input and write them to the Microsoft List. 

I hope this gives some inspiration!

joelrouviere
Frequent Visitor

Hi @JoeF-MSFT ,

Thanks a lot for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,776)