Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Text recognizer - how to get output?

Hi Community,
I am having some difficulty with the Text recognizer preview. I can't seem to get the output of the OCR detection? Any ideas?
OCR issue.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Nevermind, I figured it out with the data table

Highlighted

In few days, a new capability will allow to select the text you are interested in by clicking on one the bounding boxes.

Then you will be able to retrieve the value with TextRecognizer1.SelectedText.

Stay tuned.

Highlighted

Has this been added yet? I am still looking to figure out how to view the output from the text recognizer. Thanks!! 

Highlighted

Hello,

You can use either the property OcrObjects (list of text lines extracted from the image) or SelectedText (line from Text Recognizer selected by the user when running the application). For more information check out Use text recognizer component in Power Apps documentation.

You can use these output properties from the Text Recognizer component by binding them to other Power Apps Components.

In the case of OcrObjects , you can use a Data tables for example (where you can set the Items property from your Data table to YourTextRecognizerName.OcrObjects and adding the field text to it). in the case of SelectedText, you can bind it to a label for example (where the Text property of the label can be set to YourTextRecognizerName.SelectedText).

Alana

Alana

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Users online (9,711)