cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkartusch

Unable to assign AI Builder license...

Afternoon all....I'm totally new to AI Builder and have been asked by our Records Management department to purchase AI Builder Credits.  I have done so, but am unable to assign the license to the Records Manager.  The "Assign licenses" hyperlink isn't activated and the license says 0/1 assigned.  Any ideas on how to get this license assigned to our user?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @mkartusch,

Thank you for purchasing AI Builder credits! 🙂

For AI Builder, you don't have to assign licenses from the Microsoft 365 admin center. What you need to do is login to the Power Platform admin center and assign the purchased credits to the environment where you are planning to build and use your AI models. The following page will walk you through how to do this: Manage AI Builder capacity - Learn | Microsoft Docs

I hope this helps and let us know if we can provide further clarification! 

View solution in original post

Yes, if credits have been assigned to an environment then any maker in that environment should now be able to create and use AI Builder models. 

Apologies for the confusion on the Office 365 admin center. Ignore the 0/1 assigned licenses. Since AI Builder credits are not assigned to users but to environments the assigned licenses count doesn't apply for this product. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @mkartusch,

Thank you for purchasing AI Builder credits! 🙂

For AI Builder, you don't have to assign licenses from the Microsoft 365 admin center. What you need to do is login to the Power Platform admin center and assign the purchased credits to the environment where you are planning to build and use your AI models. The following page will walk you through how to do this: Manage AI Builder capacity - Learn | Microsoft Docs

I hope this helps and let us know if we can provide further clarification! 

Thank you for the response.....so after logging into the Power Platform admin center and then navigating to Resources, Capacity, Summary I can see that the AI Builder credits have been assigned to our environment.  So that means we're good to go?

mkartusch

I guess where I get confused is that when I go to my Microsoft Office 365 admin center and then navigate to Home > Your products - Products > AI Builder Capacity add-on it shows 0/1 assigned under the license.

Yes, if credits have been assigned to an environment then any maker in that environment should now be able to create and use AI Builder models. 

Apologies for the confusion on the Office 365 admin center. Ignore the 0/1 assigned licenses. Since AI Builder credits are not assigned to users but to environments the assigned licenses count doesn't apply for this product. 

mkartusch

Thanks for the clarification on that JoeF....I appreciate it!  Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,017)