cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
txngiam
Frequent Visitor

Unsupported FileType Error using JPG in flow's Extract Information from forms step

My JPG images can be used during AI training and Quick Test, but while using the AI model's Extract Information from forms function in PowerAutomate flow it shows the below error: 

{
"error": {
"code": "0x80040265",
"message": "{\"operationStatus\":\"Error\",\"error\":{\"type\":\"Error\",\"code\":\"InvalidPredictionInput\",\"message\":\"Inference input for model bd7acb67-23f6-42c6-a678-b227e9bb0d17~a633ac24-9743-4004-9642-1e63fe34b805 is invalid\",\"properties\":{\"BackendErrorCode\":\"InvalidInferenceInput\",\"DependencyHttpStatusCode\":\"400\"},\"innerErrors\":[{\"scope\":\"Record\",\"target\":null,\"code\":\"UnsupportedFileType\",\"type\":\"Error\",\"properties\":{\"MlIssueCode\":\"UnsupportedFileType\"}}]}}"
}
}

Other formats of image (jpeg and png) have no problem. However after converting the JPG to jpeg or png and input into the flow it still fails to run, same error. Can anyone help? Much appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
txngiam
Frequent Visitor

I use "When a new email arrive" to trigger the flow, with "Attachment Content Type" and "Attachment Content" as AI model's "Form type" and "Form" inputs. The flow structure should have no problem as other file types can be processed successfully

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @txngiam,

Thank you for posting this question. 

Does your email message have a signature at the end? If so, perhaps the flow is picking that signature as an attachment and trying to process it through the AI model. The following link explains how to not process signatures: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/form-processing-model-in-flow#filter-email-signature-fro...

If your email doesn't have a signature, can you:

1. Share a screenshot of your flow?
  2. Tell us more how you are converting the JPG to jpeg or png?

Happy to keep investigating.

txngiam
Frequent Visitor

thanks @jo 

I added the inline condition but it still fails (same error). Below is my screenshot of the flow (it's too big so I simplified it):

Untitled.png

Your help is much appreciated!

I opened the photo in MS default Photos program and save as jpeg or png format.

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Thanks @txngiam for the info.

Let's try the following:

1. Go to your model details page.

2. Click on Use model > New flow in Power Automate > Documents are received in a Microsoft 365 Outlook work account.

3. This will create a sample flow that processes emails you receive with attachments and where the subject is AI Builder. Can you try to run this flow by sending to your inbox an email with the image that is not working and see if you are get the same error or not?

2021-08-25_13-56-12.jpg

If it keeps failing, would it be possible to share with me the image so I can help troubleshoot? You can send it to me via private message.  

@JoeF-MSFT 

Yes, the same error in the sample flow. Let me share with you the image in PM...

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,058)