Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danilo-ES-BR
Helper I
Helper I

Use photos taken to recognize text

Hi all,

I am not able to use images taken with a camera using .photo to assign in text recognition. I can only use text recognition by uploading an image from local device.
In the documentation says "This component takes a photo or loads an image from the local device"
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/prebuilt-text-recognizer-component-in-powerapps

Isn't that still possible? And if so, how can I use it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Danilo-ES-BR ,

Do you want to set the DefaultImage property of the TextRecognizer control to the Camera1.Photo formula?

If you want to set the DefaultImage property of the TextRecognizer control to the Camera1.Photo formula, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, within PowerApps app, the TextRecognizer control only support uploading image via clicking "+ New Image" button within the TextRecognizer control (choose/upload image manually).

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Danilo-ES-BR ,

Do you want to set the DefaultImage property of the TextRecognizer control to the Camera1.Photo formula?

If you want to set the DefaultImage property of the TextRecognizer control to the Camera1.Photo formula, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, within PowerApps app, the TextRecognizer control only support uploading image via clicking "+ New Image" button within the TextRecognizer control (choose/upload image manually).

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Danilo-ES-BR
Helper I
Helper I

I found that when entering the application via smartphone, access a camera. So this feature is only limited to the web version.
ty

we actually want to set the camera1.photo to textrecognizer.originalimage so it can do recognization work.

to set the camera1.photo to textrecognizer.defaultimage is working.

CedrickB
Power Apps
Power Apps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,916)