cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skylitedave
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

We are a Silver Microsoft Partner wanting to build demos, POC's, and learn AI Builder to use with the Power Platform - What licensing options are available for Partners?

We are a Silver Microsoft Partner wanting to build demos, POC's, and master AI Builder with the Power Platform - I am aware of the 30-day free trial.

Do Partners get a certain number of credits to use for building POC's and Demos as well as learning AI Builder? 

Is there anything like the community license in Power Apps to learn AI Builder?

Can you let us know what credit options and license options are available for silver and gold Partners wanting to build demo's and POC's for customers? 

What does a single credit cost and how would we buy that if we are a Partner and no other licensing options are available?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @skylitedave - always happy to help! 

Let's start with the simple requirement 🙂 - AI Builder credits will always be needed, so you will need any of the options that we discussed previously that gives you monthly credits.

AI Builder needs Dataverse to run. Once you have an AI model ready to use, for example a form processing model, you can build a flow that uses the AI model and choose to store the extracted data by the model in one of the services supported by the connectors (SharePoint, Excel, SQL...). The are some Microsoft 365 licenses that include Dataverse but only for the default environment.

If you're using any of the AI Builder interactive controls in a Power App, you will need a premium Power Apps license. 

AI Builder is not a premium connector in Power Automate, so you can use it with a Microsoft 365 plan but will be limited to creating the flow in the default environment, won't be able to use premium connectors on the flow, and the flow limits for a Microsoft 365 plan (low performance profile): Limits and configuration - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @skylitedave - thanks for the question and for being a Microsoft Partner! 

Indeed, the 30-day trial is our best option today including for partners. Once the trial is over, you will be able to renew the trial if the usage is for testing and evaluation purposes. Unfortunately, we don't have any special plan for partners at this moment. 

As for ways to purchase credits you have

• The AI Builder add-on that gives you 1,000,000 credits per month.
  • The Power Apps per app plan that gives you 250 credits per month.
  • The Power Apps per user plan that gives you 500 credits per month.
  • The Power Automate RPA plan that gives you 5,000 credits per month.

More info on AI Builder licensing can be found on the Power Platform licensing guide: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2085130

I hope this helps bring some clarity. 

OK

We do customers and partners who don't have an EA purchase credits and who would we buy them from?

Thx for the fast response!

meant to say 

How do customers and partners who don't have an EA purchase credits and who would we buy them from?

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @skylitedave,

Customer can directly purchase from our pricing page, or by contacting Microsoft Sales or a Cloud Solution Provider or authorized reseller. 

JoeFMSFT_0-1650400958229.png

Thats great - Almost there - want to make sure I am clear on licensing

Can you clarify final point -

Each user of a Power Platform solution that uses the AI builder will need 1 paid Power Apps premium plan or Power Automate premium plan (or both) and org will need at least 1 unit per month - is that correct? Data can be stored in Dataverse tables only

Or

Can you only use O365 Plan that comes with Power Apps access to standard connectors and just buy 1 (or more) AI units and store any data I need for the models or their output in SharePoint lists/libraries?

Please let me know - I am sure others will find your response helpful when defining costs!

Super helpful and thx!

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @skylitedave - always happy to help! 

Let's start with the simple requirement 🙂 - AI Builder credits will always be needed, so you will need any of the options that we discussed previously that gives you monthly credits.

AI Builder needs Dataverse to run. Once you have an AI model ready to use, for example a form processing model, you can build a flow that uses the AI model and choose to store the extracted data by the model in one of the services supported by the connectors (SharePoint, Excel, SQL...). The are some Microsoft 365 licenses that include Dataverse but only for the default environment.

If you're using any of the AI Builder interactive controls in a Power App, you will need a premium Power Apps license. 

AI Builder is not a premium connector in Power Automate, so you can use it with a Microsoft 365 plan but will be limited to creating the flow in the default environment, won't be able to use premium connectors on the flow, and the flow limits for a Microsoft 365 plan (low performance profile): Limits and configuration - Power Automate | Microsoft Docs

Great

Am working on an App that uses Lobe (just started) to try and identify how many golfers are smoking on a specific golf course hole.  Want to hook up a web cam and use the model to see if I can start to get a count of how many cigars are being smoked per day on a specific golf course hole.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.  I see many applications for this If I can figure it out.

Many thx 

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Brilliant use case. You made my day @skylitedave! 🏌️ 

Lobe will tell you if there's someone on the image smoking a cigar or not, but not how many. To count, you will need instead an AI Builder object detection model.

Got it...  Thx!

Baby steps are fine for now

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,193)