cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisvdw
Advocate I
Advocate I

Where does the document get saved to when using Process and save Information from forms

Hi,

I'm successfully using this Action to extract data from a PDF using my model, I'm trying to understand what the 'save information' part of the action means... it seem to me the PDF is being stored in Dataverse in a table called AI Builder Dataset File - is this right?

My problem is I've gone over my storage limit in Dataverse and there does not seem to be a way to get ID of the record just processed so I can delete it, as I don't need it after I processed it. I can write another Flow to delete all records from that table - is this the correct approach?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @chrisvdw,

The name of the action can be confusing. The documents get processed by the AI Builder Form Processing model to extract the data, but nothing in saved in Dataverse or any other storage. It's by adding successive actions in your flow where you can define where you wish to save the extracted data. 

We'll probably rename the action to 'Process information from forms' to avoid confusion.  🙂

I hope this helps!

It does appear as though records are being added to that table every time the flow is run... do you know what populates this table?

chrisvdw_0-1623280885933.png

the files above are where the training documents for model are stored. 

JoeF-MSFT
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @chrisvdw. That is correct, those are the documents you upload to train the model. But when you use the model in flow with the 'Process and save Information from forms', the processed documents are not stored in Dataverse. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,775)