cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JFran
Regular Visitor

Track the Search text from knowledge base articles

I have a MS customer service portal that is configured for knowledgebase article search. This is working well. What I want to be able to capture the search text that my users are typing into the KB search bar from the portal page. 

Is there any way to do this? I've searched through google and MS Learn but I cannot find anything that talks about how to do this or how to configure a power BI report to provide the desired analytics. Any assistance would be much appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

My starting point would be Application Insights: PowerApps Portals tracking using Azure Application Insights - Dancing with CRM

It would probably not get to that level, but you also don't want to be recording every single search in my opinion. 

Ultimately you can do something a bit more custom, like creating a custom table and use the Portal API to save every search term, however I would say you will be slowing down your Portal for not much business value.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Pages Super User | MVP

Oliver Rodrigues

@OliverRodrigues  Thanks for the feedback and I'll review the link you shared. I see your point about slowing the portal down. The ultimate goal of this particular client is to be able to see what are the most popular searches in a given week from their KB article search. 

If you have any other suggestions that would be fantastic. 

Thanks,

Josh Francis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,318)