cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbirstein1
Level: Powered On

Can I Share a PowerApp with Azure AD Guest User?

There is a post from 2016 about not being able to "Share" a PowerApp with B2B guest users. This is now available in Power BI:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-expands-access-to-intelligence-for-external-guest-...

so I find it hard to believe that it's not available in Power Apps yet. However, when I try to "Share" with a B2B Guest user (they have a Office 365 E3 account and Power Apps license in their own tenant so it's not a license issue) I get an error "[Guest user email address] is not in your organization's directory", which makes no sense because I can see it in my list of users in my directory.

Do I need to give the Guest user some special access in my Azure Active Directory in order for share a Power App with them? Has anybody been able to successfully share with B2B Guest users?

If not, this really restricts the usefulness of Power Apps!

Thanks,

Kathryn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kbirstein1

Re: Can I Share a PowerApp with Azure AD Guest User?

Hi linhtran, I'm sending you an email about the use case for guest access!

Thanks,

Kathryn

32 REPLIES 32
Super User
Super User

PowerApps doesn't support guess access at this time but it is something the product group is looking at. Currently only licensed users in your tenant can use PowerApps.

mryckman

Hi @Jeff_Thorpe,

I have a guest user and I have assigned them a PowerApps Plan 1 license in our tenant. Is there any way to make that work? When they try to log into PowerApps, they get a message that they have an "unsupported identity" and need to use a work or school account.

Thanks.

Super User
Super User

Guest accounts can't access PowerApps. You would need to create them an account in your tenant.

mryckman

Thanks Jeff... Good to know.

Do you have any idea if that's on the road map to change? I know you can do that in power BI now and with the possibilities of guests in Teams, this seems like it should be available soon...
Super User
Super User

I have heard they are working on it but I haven't heard any details or where it might be on the road map.

PowerApps Staff jo
PowerApps Staff

Adding @linhtran  who is owner for our app sharing experiences and can speak to the roadmap for this feature.

kbirstein1

Thanks, would really like to get an answer on this since many clients are asking!

PowerApps Staff linhtran
PowerApps Staff

We don't support AAD guest access today but will be looking at supporting this toward the end of this fiscal year. Nothing is committed at this point but it's definitely on our roadmap at higher priority. kbirstein1, would love to connect with you and understand your user case for AAD guest access. Especially understand your requirement (if any) on licensing for guest access. My email is litran@microsoft.com.

litran@MSFT
kbirstein1

Hi linhtran, I'm sending you an email about the use case for guest access!

Thanks,

Kathryn