cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MichelJonker
Level: Powered On

Can I supply metadata or configuration for a PowerApp ?

We have a powerapp that uses (via Flows) a custom connector.

Today I supply customer specific data (configuration data) in de powerapp, with the goal not to touch the flows and/or connections(custom connector).

My question is : can we prompt for data when an powerapp is imported and/or copied in a new tenant/environment ?

There could be more than one "instance" of our powerapp with different configuration in a tenant/for a customer.

I ask this partly because of this requirement in the AppSource Guidelines:

Easily configurable, turnkey solution Your app must be easy and quick to configure and setup (no customization required). Required

https://smp-cdn-prod.azureedge.net/documents/AppsourceGuidelines/Microsoft%20AppSource%20app%20revie...

2 REPLIES 2
MichelJonker

Re: Can I supply metadata or configuration for a PowerApp ?

To clarify : I am looking for something similar to specifying "connections" when importing a powerapp. But instead of a connection a simpel string/key is enough.

MichelJonker

Re: Can I supply metadata or configuration for a PowerApp ?

The best way I can think of, is to create custom connectors that contain the required (customer-dependant) values. 

This requires the powerapp administrator to modify the JSON for our custom connector to support a new instance.

After changing the JSON, the admin can import the connector and create a new connection based on this connector.

Next the admin imports the PowerApp and points to this (newly created) connection ?!

Is this the way to go for now ?