cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianKnight
Level 8

Can't create a CDS database (permissions issue)

Hi, I'm an O365 Global Administrator but for some reason I can't create a CDS database in the new default enviornment. Is there additional rights I'll need to do this in a new enviornment? 

It looks like you don't have permission to use the Common Data Service in this environment. Switch to a different environment, or create your own.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianKnight
Level 8

Re: Can't create a CDS database (permissions issue)

OK it looks to be a licensing issue for the customer. They're using PowerApps for Office as part of the non-profit TechSoup plan. Environments and CDS is only available for P1/P2 plans. Smiley Sad  My bad for not noticing that sooner.

3 REPLIES 3
BrianKnight
Level 8

It also looks like the core problem is the environments tab in admin center is greyed out but I thought Global Admin gives me what I would need?

BrianKnight
Level 8

OK it looks to be a licensing issue for the customer. They're using PowerApps for Office as part of the non-profit TechSoup plan. Environments and CDS is only available for P1/P2 plans. Smiley Sad  My bad for not noticing that sooner.

WillSPR
Level: Powered On

I thought we weren't allowed to create CDS databases in the Default environment. You have to pick a different one. Did that change and if so when?