cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NPBA_AT
Level: Powered On

Cannot authenticate to SharePoint from Individual Environment but can from other environments

I have built and implemented two PowerApps in our company and now I want to understand more about the CDS and model driven apps. I created a Trial environment to do the MS App in a Day Training last week and want to try some more things out. I am aware that my Trial environment will only last for 30 days so when I read about creating an Individual Environment for a developer I decided to do that and keep working in that environment. I am trying to copy some of the data structures that I have already been working with in SharePoint into the CDS. I have had some success at this using my Trial Environment, but I cannot even authenticate successfully in the Individual Environment.

I have selected my Individual Environment then selected Data/Data Integration/New data Integration project/Sharepoint Online List which gets me to Connection settings where I enter the SharePoint sitename. It tells me I am not logged in despite the fact I am (in the Trial environment it recognises that I am signed in) so I click on Sign in and then I get the authentication error below: 

AuthError.PNG

Why can I do this in a Trial environment but not in the Individual Developer environment?  Do I need to delete this environment and start again...and can I?

Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: Cannot authenticate to SharePoint from Individual Environment but can from other environments

Hi @NPBA_AT,

Which region do you choose when creating your Individual Environment?

Currently, Data Integration is only supported in Australia, CanadaNorth America, Europe and Asia region. If you create your Individual Environment in other region, the "Unexpected error" or "The Data Integration is not supported in the region your current environment belongs to" error would be shown up when you create a connection within Data Integration functionality.

More details about the regions supported for Data Integration, please check the following blog:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/data-integration-platform-update-what-s-new-or-changed-in...

If you have created your Individual Environment in a proper region, please consider take a try to clear cache of your browser, then try it again to check if the issue is solved.

In addition, you could also consider take a try to import your SP list data into your CDS entity using Power Query within PowerApps.

More details about importing data into CDS entity using Power Query, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/common-data-service/data-platform-cds-newentity-pq

Best regards,

Kris

NPBA_AT

Re: Cannot authenticate to SharePoint from Individual Environment but can from other environments

Hi @v-xida-msft

How can I tell what region my individual environment was created in? I cannot remember what region I chose. Can I delete the environment and start over ensuring that I choose a supported region?

Thanks,

Anne

NPBA_AT

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I am trying to do exactly what is described in the linked article that you provided. As far as I can see the way that you use Power BI within PowerApps is by using the Data Integration project of the CDS.

Thanks,

Anne

NPBA_AT

Hi @v-xida-msft,

I read elsewhere on the community forum that it is not supported to delete a community plan environment, so I decided to create another Individual environment under a service account that we use as owner for PowerApps, and ensure that I create it in a supported region.

I created the environment for this user, and then tried to create the CDS for this environment. It displayed a message that indicated it was in the process of creating the CDS for some time and then failed with a really generic message that gives no indication why: 

Can you give me any help with getting an environment where I can try out the CDS to see if we want to use it?

Regards,

Anne