Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AR68
Level: Power Up

Data Source

Hi,

Is it correct that if you create an app and add a data source, e.g  a SQL database in Azure, this connection becomes public/accessable inside the whole organsiation for every Power APP user?  If that is the case doesn't that mean that everyone can log on to O365/PowerApps and create a new app and connect to that same data source/connection with full read and write access? My question is, if my description is correct, can I avoid it, how?

Thanks for your help!

Br/Anders

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: Data Source

Hi @AR68,

No.

The other user will not have the permission to the data source unless the App was shared to them.

And Now PowerApps has announced the new experience when sharing Apps within organization.

App creators will not need to share the App resources seperately, connections permission could be shared within the App Editor under the design phase.

New canvas app sharing experience!

Regards,

Michael

All Replies
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: Data Source

Hi @AR68,

No.

The other user will not have the permission to the data source unless the App was shared to them.

And Now PowerApps has announced the new experience when sharing Apps within organization.

App creators will not need to share the App resources seperately, connections permission could be shared within the App Editor under the design phase.

New canvas app sharing experience!

Regards,

Michael