cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wen90
Level: Powered On

Featured Apps

Hi, 

We have each form setup as it's own app. It is all connected to our main Dashboard app. 

However, we are having issues as users are not going through the Dashboard app and just completing the form via an app they see on their screen in My Apps. 

We want to set the Dashboard app as a Feature App so it is the only app on the screen. However, is there a way to make PowerApps open defaulty to Feature Apps or ensure this stays open for all our users?

Thanks for the help!

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Featured Apps

Hi @wen90 ,

Could you please share a bit more about the Dashboard app that you mentioned?

Do you want to force the PowerApps to open Dashboard app as a Default Feature App?

If you want to force the PowerApps to open Dashboard app as a Default Feature App, you could consider put your Dashboard App on your screen as the only one app.

Then within your Dashboard app, you could add several Buttons, press them to launch other individual form apps (using Launch function).

More details about the Launch function in PowerApps, please check the following article:

Launch function

If you want to launch other form apps, please take a try with the following formula:

Launch("https://web.powerapps.com/apps/5374afc0-b460-4121-866a-2829402a0061")

On your side, you should type:

Launch("The URL of your Form App")

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
wen90

Hey, 

Thanks for the response! We have done exactly what you mentioned above with respect to launching other apps from our dashboard app. 

The issue is how do you display only the one app on the screen? On 'My Apps' or 'All Apps' we display all the apps which are linked to the Dashboard app and which launch from the Dashboard app. 

Is there a way to hide these from our users? 

Eseentially, we are looking for a way to have only 1 app appear on the screen in PowerApps - The Dashboard app and we thought this could be done via 'Featured Apps' Tab

Thanks so much for your help and input @v-xida-msft 

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @wen90 ,

Do you want to put your app within the "Featured Apps" tab within your PowerApps Mobile App?

If you want to put your app within the "Featured Apps" tab within your PowerApps Mobile App, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Currently, within PowerApps, there is no way to add/move a canvas app into the "Featured Apps" tab within PowerApps Mobile App.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

As an alternative solution, you could consider put your app into the "Favorites" tab within your PowerApps Mobile App. Within your PowerApps Mobile App, find your specific app, then click "..." menu option in the right side, then click "Favorite" option, then your canvas app would be displayed within the "Favorites" tab (you may need to refresh the "Favorites" tab).

Best regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
wen90

@v-xida-msft 

Thanks for the reply, 

Is there a way so favourite apps open as a default? If I set the app to favourite, I always need to click up the top to change the view to favourites, I think users at my organisation will forget this and just click on the wrong app. 

See the screen shot I've attached, is there no way I can set a view so only one app can be shown? The Dashboard app

As you can see, we've made the app a favourite app, but users are still just clicking on the other apps to open a form. It's a real UX issue for us. 

Thanks a lot for the help, 

Cheers. pic123.jpg

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @wen90 ,

Do you want the favourite apps open as a default within your Mobile device?

If you want the the favourite apps open as a default within your Mobile device, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

If you would like this feature to be added in PowerApps, please consider submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 42 members 4,718 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: