cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NicolaNeedsHelp
Level: Powered On

Re: Filter On data source connection

I saved and closed Power Apps and opened it again with two loops. Screen shot attached.

Still showing older data though.

Super User
Super User

@NicolaNeedsHelp 

Seeing your attached screenshot, I see that the loop is running twice. Can you please share the result of CountRows(ListItems)?
NicolaNeedsHelp

22 within the first 500. 34 when i allow 2000 records

Super User
Super User

@NicolaNeedsHelp 

This means that you have only 22 records, out of all the records, that satisfy the condition, Performed By'.Email=User().Email .  Please verify the results in your sharepoint list if this differs from the actual results.

Based on your condition, it fetches only those records that belongs to current logged in user. If you want to fetch all the records, then you might want to get rid of this conditions(Performed By'.Email=User().Email )

Hope this Helps!
NicolaNeedsHelp

Yes. When I set 2000 as the row limit, I have 34 rows that meet that condition.
Super User
Super User

Can you please share the outputs of below expressions:
1) CountRows(Filter('Active Field Leadership','Performed By'.Email=User().Email && ID > 0))
2) CountRows(Filter('Active Field Leadership','Performed By'.Email=User().Email && ID > 500))
3) CountRows(Filter('Active Field Leadership',ID > 0))
4) CountRows(Filter('Active Field Leadership',ID > 500))

I am guessing that the issue you are seeing is because of the non delegable Email condition for the Lookup Field. This can be confirmed by the outputs I requested in this comment.

If Email condition is causing this issue, then we can get rid of this condition while collecting the collections and apply this when we are filtering the results into gallery
NicolaNeedsHelp

1) 20

2) 2

3) 500

4) 66

So weird, when i double check the sharepoint list I should have 26 entries. 6 entries after the ones shown. in the current visual

Same queries in the version that allows 2000 rows

1) 26

2) 8

3) 915

4) 481

@yashag2255 wrote:
Can you please share the outputs of below expressions:
1) CountRows(Filter('Active Field Leadership','Performed By'.Email=User().Email && ID > 0))
2) CountRows(Filter('Active Field Leadership','Performed By'.Email=User().Email && ID > 500))
3) CountRows(Filter('Active Field Leadership',ID > 0))
4) CountRows(Filter('Active Field Leadership',ID > 500))

I am guessing that the issue you are seeing is because of the non delegable Email condition for the Lookup Field. This can be confirmed by the outputs I requested in this comment.

If Email condition is causing this issue, then we can get rid of this condition while collecting the collections and apply this when we are filtering the results into gallery

Super User
Super User

@NicolaNeedsHelp 

As per the results from the last 4 queries, here is the explanation:
1) In the batch of 1=500, you got 500 results. Thats fine.
2) In the batch, 500-1000, there were only 66 records returned. The highest ID you got was 989. This was because a total of 989 rows were created but out of them few are deleted so instead of getting 489 records, it is getting 66, the ones that still exist in the list.

Now, coming to number of records, so since we got the matching results in both the cases(22 records). I don't think there is any problem with the queries since you got the matching results. I had used the same queries worked in one of my scenario where there were more than 10k+ data. Can you please check on your side that all the sharepoint list have the ID column value and please check once again on the number of records that you are expecting from the list. Kindly check if there are no extra spaces before or after the email address.

Hope this Helps
Super User
Super User

@NicolaNeedsHelp this is getting a bit longer, but if its not a prolem to you, you can try out:

In the app where you have saved Data Row limit as 500, 

ClearCollect(LoopCount,FirstN([0,500, 1000, 1500, 2000],RoundUp(First(Sort('Active Field Leadership',ID,Descending)).ID/500,0)));
Clear(ListItems);
ForAll(LoopCount,Collect(ListItems,Filter('Active Field Leadership',ID > Value)))

Now Gallery items as:
Filter(ListItems, 'Performed By'.Email=User().Email)

Please share the results of below queries:
1)CountRows(ListItems)
2) CountRows(Gallery1.AllItems)

Thanks,
NicolaNeedsHelp

1) 566

2) 22

Still not showing the 6 most recent items.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 52 members 4,642 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: