cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KMTC
Level: Powered On

Import of Solution in Power Apps fails

Hello, it's the 1st time that we can not import a solution with a Canvas App from our DEV into our TEST environment. It run well all the time.

Now the import stops with the following message: CanvasApp import: FAILURE: The entity with a name = 'CanvasApp' with namemapping = 'Logical' was not found in the MetadataCache. MetadataCacheDetails: ProviderType=Dynamic, StandardCache=False, IsLoadedInStagedContext = True, Timestamp=19613909, MinActiveRowVersion=19613909

Can anybody help please?

Thanks and kind regards, Karla

15 REPLIES 15
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Import of Solution in Power Apps fails

Hi @KMTC ,

In which step in below documentation that you encountered this issue? Please share a screenshot here. Do mask sensitive data before your upload the image.

Check if you have selected the right environment name.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KMTC

Thank you, Mona.

In the DEV Environment, I did Solution Export of a solution named Test. (image1). The solution contains only one part, a mini Canvas App named Test as well. I tried it with another solution with our real Canvas App before, same error, so it seems to happen for every App... Solution Export to zip file as usual. We work with unmanaged solutions.

Then I changed to our TEST environment, which has the same structure as the DEV and tried to import the solution zip file. The import interrupts with quite a strange message (since the zip file is not too large.) see image 2

I opened the import log xml file and this is the error message: CanvasApp import: FAILURE: The entity with a name = 'CanvasApp' with namemapping = 'Logical' was not found in the MetadataCache. MetadataCacheDetails: ProviderType=Dynamic, StandardCache=False, IsLoadedInStagedContext = True, Timestamp=19670164, MinActiveRowVersion=19670164

Kind regards, Karla

PowerAppDev17
Level: Power Up

Hi,

same error (error 80040375 (ImportFileTooLargeToUpload); but in log file error: 'CanvasApp' entity doesn't contain attribute with Name = 'cdsdependencies' and NameMapping = 'Platform') since yesterday on our side.

There is no more possibility to import solution packages into DEV environment, which were exported actually or 2 months ago.
Also partly exports of solutions are no more possible.

BR

Highlighted
LarsMartin

I experience the same issue when deploying canvas app within a solution.

mwoelzmueller

+1 Smiley Sad

KMTC

Hello together,

a few days ago I contacted the Support from Microsoft, they are investigating and investigating... no idea how long this will take.  But it really seems to be a bug that came with the latest version of PowerApps.

I'll keep you up to date....

Regards, Karla

paulmacf

Hello

Same issue here - 

CanvasApp import: FAILURE: The entity with a name = 'CanvasApp' with namemapping = 'Logical' was not found in the MetadataCache. MetadataCacheDetails: ProviderType=Dynamic, StandardCache=False, IsLoadedInStagedContext = True, Timestamp=739772, MinActiveRowVersion=739772

Thanks

Paul

PowerApps Staff alaugMSFT
PowerApps Staff

Hello, 

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. The issue preventing solution import, when a canvas app is included in the solution, has a fix that is expected to be available worldwide next Monday, 9/2. 

Austin

Ramait
Level: Power Up

Is the fix available now?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Users Online
Currently online: 234 members 5,299 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: