cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PeterGMcDermott
Level: Powered On

Onboarding Template Setup Trouble

Hello, I've tried setting up the onboarding template, however I don't see any opportunity (or documentation) to assign an Excel file in which to save the data for the app. Therefore, once I install and publish it, it looks great! Even embeds into Microsoft Teams, which is what I'm trying to do--however, whenever I make changes (like Company Name) it always reverts back to the default.

Am I missing a step during installation? Is there better documentation somewhere?

Appreciate your help!

Peter McDermott
5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Onboarding Template Setup Trouble

Hi @PeterGMcDermott ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you means that you could not make some changes within the template app?

Further, do you make this template app as your own app on your side?

The user @skidmarks64 has faced same issue with you, please check my response within the following thread:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Creating-Apps/Onboarding-Tasks-Template/m-p/239261/highlight/fal...

On your side, please check if you have saved this template app as your own app within your PowerApps. Please consider take a try to click "Make my own app" option to save this template app as your own app, then re-load your saved app. After that, you could make some changes to your own app.

Please also consider check the attached GIF screenshot for more details:

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
PeterGMcDermott

Thank you for your response @v-xida-msft ,

I've followed the steps included in your GIF very carefully. Each time I make a change (for example the Comapny Name) it defaults back to the original value (Fabrikam). So the app appears to be working, but none of the data is being saved.

Peter McDermott
Sveeramachaneni
Level: Power Up

@PeterGMcDermott I'm running into the same issue with the company name not saving or anything. Did you ever figure out a fix or the reason why it wasn't working for you? 

PeterGMcDermott

No, I gave up.

Peter McDermott
russrimm

I'm facing the same challenge, has anyone gotten this template to work?