cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjhealy
Level: Powered On

PowerApps Governance Solutions/Ideas

Hey all,

With the recent release of the PowerApps whitepaper I find myself once again considering the distribution of PowerApps licenses to our entire company. In the past, we have been very hesitant to give licenses because of the governance issue; How will we monitor ~5000 users with the ability to create PowerApps? 

I'm curious to know what kind of creative solutions others have came up with regarding PowerApps governance:

Has anyone created a PowerShell script that monitors the creation of new apps? How about the creation of a Power BI dashboard that monitors apps created, the connections used, etc.? When giving licenses to a large amount of employees, did anyone notice a large increase in PowerApps related support tickets? Anyone have any positive experiences to share?

Hoping to generate some productive discussion here,

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: PowerApps Governance Solutions/Ideas

Hi @cjhealy,

This is a good idea.

Currenlty PowerApps is only available to get single App usage report, see:

View analytics reports for your App

There is no available feature to get the tenant App usage report, please consider submit this as an idea under:
https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Further, for PowerApps Administration, see:

Administer PowerApps

For PowerShell usage, see:

PowerShell Cmdlets for PowerApps and Flow creators and Administrators

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
cjhealy
Level: Powered On

Re: PowerApps Governance Solutions/Ideas

Thanks @v-micsh-msft, I've posted the Tenant App Usage/Creation Report idea here.

In the mean time, I wonder if it would be possible to create this report on my own using Power BI. I'll look into it and post updates here.

To anyone else reading, please share your PowerApps governance experiences!