cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albertov
Level: Powered On

Running canvas app in web browser - Dynamics 365

I am pretty sure my organization does not subscribe to Dynamics 365.

We have access to PowerApps through an Office 365 Education A3 license. 

However, if we want to run a canvas app through a web browser, we are recommended to use Dynamics 365: (URL: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/user/run-app-browser  )

I have tested this method, and it works.

Is this method available to everyone who has a PowerApps license, or have I been granted a trial license?

I have tried finding information about licensing, and getting support about this question, but no one seems to know how to answer this. I just want to be sure that this is a method for running the canvas app that is permanently available for the license we have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Running canvas app in web browser - Dynamics 365

Hi @albertov,

About this part "A PowerApps license. This is available with a PowerApps plan, such as the PowerApps Plan 2 trial, or any of the Microsoft Office 365 or Dynamics 365 plans that include PowerApps.", it actually means that you can use any one of these plans to access PowerApps in web browser. Dynamics 365 is just an example on this link, it does not mean that we recommend this plan. 

From this page:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=837851&clcid=0x409

we could see that Office 365 Education A3 includes the PowerApps for Office 365. So as long as your Office 365 Education A3 is avaible, your users can use PowerApps as expected. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @albertov,

About this part "A PowerApps license. This is available with a PowerApps plan, such as the PowerApps Plan 2 trial, or any of the Microsoft Office 365 or Dynamics 365 plans that include PowerApps.", it actually means that you can use any one of these plans to access PowerApps in web browser. Dynamics 365 is just an example on this link, it does not mean that we recommend this plan. 

From this page:

https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=837851&clcid=0x409

we could see that Office 365 Education A3 includes the PowerApps for Office 365. So as long as your Office 365 Education A3 is avaible, your users can use PowerApps as expected. 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Super User
Super User

A little bit off topic, but still wanted to give you this tip: When running a PowerApp through the browser I always recommend adding &hidenavbar=true at the end of the web URL.