cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albertov
Level: Powered On

Show labels in bar chart as percentages

As this post shows, it is possible to show labels in a pie chart as percentages.

However, I have a bar chart, and I would like to show makers as percentages, instead of decimals between 0 to 1.

I have gone through the advanced settings, and it seems that the only place where I can influence this is under the field "Markers", which is currently set to "true". 

How can I view the markers in this bar chart as percentages?

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Re: Show labels in bar chart as percentages

Hi @albertov

Could you please share a bit more about the Markers property within the Pie Chart on your side?

I could not find the Markers property within the Pie Chart control. I only find the Markers property within the Column Chart control and the Line Chart column. Do you mean that you want to view the markers in the Column Chart control as percentage?

If you want to view the markers in the Column Chart control as percentages, based on the thread that you provided, I have made a test on my side, I think the Text function may not achieve your needs.

As an alternative solution, I think Text function toggle with the MakerSuffix property of the Column Chart could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:3.JPG

4.JPG

Set the Items property of the Column Chart control to following:

AddColumns(
ColumnChartSample,
"Percentage",
Text(Area/Sum(ColumnChartSample,Area)*100,"[$-en-US]#.00")
)

Set the MarkerSuffix property of the Column Chart control to following:

"%"

Set the Series1 property to of the Column Chart control to Percentage column.

In addition, if you want to view the markers in the Line Chart control as percentages, I have made a test, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Best regards,

Kris

All Replies
Community Support Team Rank
Community Support Team

Hi @albertov

Could you please share a bit more about the Markers property within the Pie Chart on your side?

I could not find the Markers property within the Pie Chart control. I only find the Markers property within the Column Chart control and the Line Chart column. Do you mean that you want to view the markers in the Column Chart control as percentage?

If you want to view the markers in the Column Chart control as percentages, based on the thread that you provided, I have made a test on my side, I think the Text function may not achieve your needs.

As an alternative solution, I think Text function toggle with the MakerSuffix property of the Column Chart could achieve your needs. I have made a test on my side, please take a try with the following workaround:3.JPG

4.JPG

Set the Items property of the Column Chart control to following:

AddColumns(
ColumnChartSample,
"Percentage",
Text(Area/Sum(ColumnChartSample,Area)*100,"[$-en-US]#.00")
)

Set the MarkerSuffix property of the Column Chart control to following:

"%"

Set the Series1 property to of the Column Chart control to Percentage column.

In addition, if you want to view the markers in the Line Chart control as percentages, I have made a test, I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in PowerApps currently.

Best regards,

Kris

albertov
Level: Powered On

Thanks for your reply and suggested solution!

I didn't realize that this is what the MarkerSuffix  does.

I haven't really tried to do this with a pie chart, because what I have is a bar chart. I just registered that someone presented a similar question for a pie chart earlier, and I wanted to specify that my question is different.

How do I use your workaround in the Items property, when my diagram results from a filter?

The Items property in my ColumnChart1 is already something like

Filter(Data Source,User().FullName=User)

The reason for this, is that I am presenting a diagram from a larger Sharepoint list, with information on all users. I want each user to be able to see only their own information. This works well, but I don't know how to combine it with the AddColumns solution that you suggested.

I also tried changing the format of the data in the data source (a Share Point list), by multiplying the data by 100, before publishing. This way, I can use the suffix, without any other changes to the Items property in the canvas app. However, the ColumnChart1  stopped being visible when I did this, probably because the scale became too large ? I tried adjusting Series axis min and Series axis max, but it didn't help.

Thanks again

Alberto