cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ninocapo
Level: Powered On

Why are Dynamics environments returned when I use the Get-AdminPowerAppEnvironment cmdlet?

When I use the Get-AdminPowerAppEnvironment PowerShell cmdlet it includes our companies Dynamics evnironments as well.  This has been very confusing while try to implement tenant-wide DLP policies.  Our managment is concerned that restrictions applied to the PowerApps environments will also impact our CRM space.  Is there any documentation I can share with my leadership?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Why are Dynamics environments returned when I use the Get-AdminPowerAppEnvironment cmdlet?

Dynamics Instances have an environment in PowerApps as well (they are all one big bucket with multiple resources linked together). What you get back are the environments that are "mapped" to the instances on Dynamics (I'm simplifying to make it more clear) plus any other environments that don't have a database (Instance) attached to them. 

Your DLP policies should not affect your CRM space, but only the PowerApps side of the environments. 

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Why are Dynamics environments returned when I use the Get-AdminPowerAppEnvironment cmdlet?

Hi @ninocapo ,

The document Information:

powerapps-powershell

And you can search the documnets here:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/

Hoep this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

ninocapo

None of these links explain why Dynamics environments are being included in my Get-AdminPowerAppEnvironment queries.

Dynamics Instances have an environment in PowerApps as well (they are all one big bucket with multiple resources linked together). What you get back are the environments that are "mapped" to the instances on Dynamics (I'm simplifying to make it more clear) plus any other environments that don't have a database (Instance) attached to them. 

Your DLP policies should not affect your CRM space, but only the PowerApps side of the environments. 

ninocapo

@pakefali  I did have a follow questions if you get a second.  The same cmdlet, Get-AdminPowerAppEnvironment, returned many different evironment types.  Is there any documentation that helps understand the different between, Production, Trial, Development, Sandbox, Basic, and Standard environment types?