cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rutuj
Regular Visitor

Can we modify session timeout which is fixed to 30 minutes currently

Hi @renatoromao ,

I have created a PVA bot with Teams as a channel. Currently if conversation is Idle then PVA will automatically end the session after 30 minutes. 

Can we reduce this session timeout anywhere?

Appreciate your help.

4 REPLIES 4
peterswimm
Microsoft
Microsoft

Not yet, but this feature is currently in development for an upcoming update. Would you mind sharing your use case?

Suppose User asked a question to chatbot and in response its showing multiple choice options. suppose user leaves conversation for 10 minutes and after that user comes back to chat. Instead of selecting values from multiple choice buttons he types some other question. At that time PVA responds back with validation message and asks user to select an option.

But as user perspective he should be able to get answer for the latest query and the validation message should not come as user left conversation in between.

Currently the timeout to end the session is 30 minutes but if it can be modified somewhere it will be helpful.

Any idea on when this feature will be available for us to use?

peterswimm
Microsoft
Microsoft

I'm not sure a timeout would give the best experience in this use case. You might consider using a conditional that accepts all other possible input gracefully.

In either case I suspect the functionally will be coming soon, you can keep an eye for it here https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform-release-plan/2021wave2/power-virtual-agents/planned-...

Is there any way where we are asking users to select multiple choice options 'Yes/No' and instead of that user types another question and validation message can be ignored?

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Register for a free PVA chatbot creation workshop

Learn how to respond rapidly to your customers and employees at scale, using intelligent conversational chatbots.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,043)