cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
smodderman
Frequent Visitor

Having issues with Azure AD v2 login in teams deployment

Hey all, I have been having some issues with the Teams PVA utilizing Azure AD v2 connection. I am able to sign in fine in the test bot, but once I deploy to production the signin button doesn't show up so users can't sign in to authenticate.

Test bot
Me: Hi
Bot: Hello! To be able to help you, I’ll need you to sign in.

Bot: To continue, please login <Login Button>

Published bot:

Me: Hi
Bot: Hello! To be able to help you, I’ll need you to sign in.

*Crickets*

2 REPLIES 2
renatoromao
Super User
Super User

Hi @smodderman ,

The authentication for PVA Teams bots is different.

Look at the documentation:

Bots created in Microsoft Teams come with authentication pre-configured to use Teams authentication.

You can also enable user authentication within a bot conversation so the bot can:

• Get a user's basic properties such as username and ID in bot variables.
  • Prompt a user to sign in using an authentication node, so the bot can retrieve the user's information from a back-end system.
  • Use single sign-on (SSO) on web channels so your users don't need to sign in manually.

Add user authentication to chatbot topics in Microsoft Teams - Power Virtual Agents | Microsoft Docs

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thanks!

Renato Romão,

Connect with me here 😉

Power Virtual Agents course (+2.300 students | PROMOTIONS) : English | Português

We are trying to use single sign on, and it does work when using the test bot window. the problem comes when we publish the test bot, the authenticate card doesn't run but the topic the authenticate card is in runs.

This works once azure ad v2 auth is setupThis works once azure ad v2 auth is setupSame bot, but published conversations don't show the login button / won't login.Same bot, but published conversations don't show the login button / won't login.

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Update

Welcome to the User Group Private Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (55,195)