Skip to main content

Notifications

Power Platform Community / Forums / Bot Administration / Power Virtual Agents F...
Bot Administration
Unanswered

Power Virtual Agents Free when you have O365 Premium or Enterprise

Posted on by 10

I have created the Power Virtual Bot for my company through a video I found online stating that it is FREE to use in Teams if your company already has O365 Premium or Enterprise licenses.  Is this true?  I remember hitting extend the trial for 30 days prior to creating it even though I followed the steps completely for the bot to be Free.  I created the bot with over 30 topics and do not want to see it expire and lose all topics if that is the case.  Power Virtual Agents Tutorial - Create a Free Chatbot in Microsoft Teams 

I previously tried to create the Bot using a different process using an APP ID from the video that supposedly allows it to run Free but it also expired.  

Please advise.

Categories:
  • TracyWindecker Profile Picture
    TracyWindecker 10 on at
    Re: Power Virtual Agents Free when you have O365 Premium or Enterprise

Oh! Awesome thank you so much for all of your responses and information!  Have a great weekend.

• HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at

Your screenshot is from PVA for Teams, so you should be good

TracyWindecker 10 on at

Well darn, yeah it doesn't look the same as you can see here.  So I will recreate.  

TracyWindecker_0-1676035213144.png

HenryJammes on at

@TracyWindecker if the user experience looks like this (even if you use Teams in a web browser), then you are in PVA for Teams, that's covered by select Microsoft 365 subscriptions:

HenryJammes_0-1676034871266.png

HenryJammes on at

I have never tried those steps, but it's worth trying.

You should be able to add your chatbot (and potentially its related Power Automate cloud flows, if you have any) in a solution and deploy it to your Dataverse for Teams environment (that is used by the Power Virtual Agents Teams app to host your customizations, including your chatbot).

These steps should help:

1. Create a solution in https://make.powerapps.com and add your existing chatbot and related dependencies.
      Once done, publish and export the solution as unmanaged.
      Documentation: Create a solution in Power Apps - Power Apps | Microsoft Learn
    2. Choose in what Microsoft Teams you're going to deploy your chatbot.
    3. Install the Power Virtual Agents Teams app (this is where you will manage your chatbot afterwards).
    4. Install the Power Apps Teams app (this is where you can import your existing chatbot).
    5. Import your solution zip file to your Microsoft Teams environment using the Power Apps app.
      Documentation: Move customizations between environments - Power Apps | Microsoft Learn
    TracyWindecker 10 on at

Sorry forgot to add the link I just tried out with it opening up in Teams app https://aka.ms/PVAForTeams

TracyWindecker 10 on at

Henry, When I click this link to open/add Power Virtual Agents into Teams it opens up already to the Bot I previously created - I did create it inside Teams but on the Web version of Teams not directly within the Teams app itself, should I just create a new Bot within the Power Virtual Agent app in Teams app now and then export over the topics from the already created one?  Since I'm not sure if it is free or not.  And is there any way to tell if the one I already create is on a trial version?  Is there somewhere that I can doublecheck for that within the properties of the Bot already created?  I don't mind recreating it - its not hard just cumbersome to move over all topics.  Let me know.

TracyWindecker 10 on at

Thank you I will look into the links you provided.  Any easy way to export the already created topics from the Web App version I created over to the new one I'm creating in Teams via your links?

HenryJammes on at

Hi @TracyWindecker

I'm assuming you're referring to the Power Virtual Agents for Microsoft Teams plan, that's indeed available as part of select Microsoft 365 subscriptions. This requires the use of the Power Virtual Agents app in Microsoft Teams, here it sounds like you used the web (full) version of Power Virtual Agents.

More information on the differences between the PVA 'full' subscription and the PVA for Teams one: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/requirements-licensing-subscriptions#power-virtual-agents-for-microsoft-teams-plan 

You can add the Power Virtual Agents app from the Microsoft Teams app store and begin to create, author, test, and publish your bot directly into teams, all within the Microsoft Teams interface. You can also visit https://aka.ms/PVAForTeams to directly install or open the app.

More information: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-virtual-agents/teams/fundamentals-what-is-power-virtual-agents-teams

Henry

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,954

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,637

Featured topics