Skip to main content

Notifications

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Answered

Citations for SharePoint links not working for Teams bot but works in Open AI Studio

Posted on by 8

In Open AI Studio, I have added SharePoint library using Azure AI Search following this documentation: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/search/search-howto-index-sharepoint-online

If I ask the both within the Chat Playground in Open AI studio, the citation is a direct link to the SharePoint URL. I can also see this same URL if I run a search within the Index, so I know it is pulling the correct URL.

When I deploy this bot to Copilot Studio as a bot, the citations no longer work. In the Copilot studio, if I click the citation reference, it pops open a box with the text only. When I publish and open the bot in Teams, I ask it the same question, get the same answer, but the link for the citation is not working. I tried using the Adaptive cards as @HenryJammes  had posted in a closed topic. The difference is that when I use a public site as a source, that citation works perfectly normal. It seems on only be the URL from the SharePoint data source in OpenAI source.

Reference topic of adaptive cards: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Copilot-Studio-Chatbots/Citations-references-not-showing-in-the-chat-in-Teams-but/td-p/2445958/page/2

Categories:
  • bdiflumeri Profile Picture
    bdiflumeri 8 on at
    Re: Citations for SharePoint links not working for Teams bot but works in Open AI Studio

That worked perfectly! I had originally tried that in the creation of the indexer, but it looks like it didn't populate. After looking at the indexer settings, I did another PUT as you mentioned and now this links work flawlessly. Thanks for the help! 

• Verified answer
    HenryJammes Profile Picture
    HenryJammes on at
    Re: Citations for SharePoint links not working for Teams bot but works in Open AI Studio

Hi @bdiflumeri, I could be wrong, but I think the Azure OpenAI on your data integration in Generative Answers expect the url field to be named "url". I remember, when creating my index / indexer, that I created a specific field for url -- even though it already existed with a different name.

HenryJammes_0-1702497838437.png

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Leaderboard

renatoromao Profile Picture

renatoromao 6,459

Pstork1 Profile Picture

Pstork1 1,954

Expiscornovus Profile Picture

Expiscornovus 1,637

Featured topics