Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Building Copilot Studio Chatbots in Microsoft T...
Unanswered

Getting 'free trial expires' warning in Microsoft Copilot Studio

Posted on by

Hi Team,

We have developed a chat bot using Power Virtual Agent Teams app and Power Automate flows. Today, I am seeing a warning message saying, "Your free trial expires in 11 day(s). Contact your admin to discover the plan that's right for you." in Copilot Studio Web app but not in Power Virtual Agent Teams app (PVA).

Is the Copilot Studio web app and the Copilot Studio Teams app are different ? Could you please confirm that I can continue to edit and publish my bot in the Copilot Studio Teams app (PVA) without any additional license as my account subscription 'Microsoft 365 E3' which already includes 'Power Virtual Agents for Office 365’. ?

fyi, I am not using the features like AI conversation that comes under Microsoft Copilot Studio Web App.

Sriram_S18_0-1708400507507.png

Sriram_S18_0-1708401460552.png

• Pstork1 Profile Picture
    Pstork1 on at
    Re: Getting 'free trial expires' warning in Microsoft Copilot Studio

Yes, I'm referring to Copilot chatbots not Copilot for Microsoft 365. This forum is for Building Chatbots in Microsoft Teams.  the Copilot for Microsoft 365 license only covers customizing Copilot for Microsoft 365, not building chatbots.  See this thread for that discussion (3) Re: copilot studio license - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

• MZSR Profile Picture
    MZSR on at

Are you referring to standalone copilots (bots)? Because you can publish a copilot to Copilot for Microsoft 365 without the tenant license.

The license related message is confusing, because the Copilot for Microsoft 365 license - which includes Copilot Studio - allows the use of premium connectors. So unless something has changed, you won't need to upgrade your license to be able to use premium connectors.

Pstork1 on at

You need a tenant license to use a PVA bot in production. But you can keep renewing your trial license when it expires to create bots.

• Sriram_S18 Profile Picture
    Sriram_S18 on at

I am seeing this info 'If you're using premium connectors or other premium features, you will soon need an upgraded license to publish your copilot.' in publish page.

Do we need copilot studio license to use premium connector in PVA?

screenshot.png

Pstork1 on at

If you buy the Power Automate Premium per user connector you will be able to trigger the flow, but you'll need a Premium license for each user using the bot.  To use a Premium connector in a flow associated with a bot you can also use the per flow Power automate premium license. That would only require one license.

• Sriram_S18 Profile Picture
    Sriram_S18 on at

Hi, Thanks for your response. If I buy a Power Automate Premium Connector license, can I trigger the flow that has a premium connector using PVA?

Pstork1 on at

The Copilot Studio web app is the main version of Copilot studio and has its own license. Power Virtual Agents (Copilot Studio) in Teams is a separate app that is covered by the Teams license. Both can be used to create bots that run under Teams, but only the app inside Teams is covered by the license. The regular Copilot Studio web app has more functionality than the one inside Teams.  So if you create the app in the teams client and only deploy the app in Teams then you are covered by the Teams license.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Exciting News for Copilot Studio Communi…

Get ready to experience a whole new level of engagement with the Copilot Studio…

Celebrating the May Super User of the…

LaurensM is an exceptional contributor to the Power Platform Community…

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook…

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Community…

Featured topics