Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
FSS_Ash
Level: Power Up

1 Forms Response Triggers an Email with data from 2 Forms

Hi,

I am new to Automate and am setting up email notifications of Microsoft Form responses. I have no issues sending an email with the data from a single form but I can't figure out how to send the data from 2 forms.

Form 1's data is an excel sheet in my OneDrive. Same with Form 2. Form 2 has a field for "Form ID" where the user manually enters the response ID they are sent by email when Form 1 is submitted. (These are two part forms that two different users complete).

I have tried Get Response from both forms using the FORM ID field as the link (as a conditional statement). The yes response is what I am actually looking for. The no response is a fall back if it doesn't work (which it's not). So I don't really need a conditional statement I just have no ID how to link both forms. 

Does anyone have suggestions? 

Annotation 2020-01-24 094606.pngAnnotation 2020-01-24 094606 2.png

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: 1 Forms Response Triggers an Email with data from 2 Forms

Hi @FSS_Ash 

I would recommend creating two separate flows. 

1st: Triggers when the first form is submitted and saves all the details to SharePoint and then sends the sharepoint item ID to the user to link the next form. The second user will use this sharepoint ID (this is a simple numeric) as a response to one of the questions and provide their responses. 

2nd: Triggers when the second form is submitted and gets the item from SP list based on the id submitted and then perform comparison/ conditions and send the consolidated email. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,556)