Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ezequiel
Level: Powered On

10 minutes Time out after adding conditions

Hi

I added 5 additional conditions on a Switch and now the process is timing out after 10 minutes. The flow checks an excel table with about 300 rows and depending on the geographical area (one of the fields), it performs a dfferent action. Before adding the 5 conditions (with just 4) it worked in less than a minute. 

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Ezequiel

4 REPLIES 4
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: 10 minutes Time out after adding conditions

Hey @ezequiel 

Can you please post a screenshot of the flow? That way we might be able to better identify the issue and assist you with this. Note that while using the conditions, you need to compare the same datatypes. can you confirm this? Did you increase the count in the excel action? If you could share a screenshot, it will be easier to identify the issue. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

PieterVeenstra

Hi @ezequiel ,

How are you reading your excel file?

Are you using MS Graph or are you using the out of the box excel connector?

When you use MS Graph you will find that your flows will run faster. For more detaisl please have a look at my post form a while back.

https://veenstra.me.uk/2018/10/17/microsoft-flow-read-large-excel-files-within-seconds-without-creat...

ezequiel

Hi,

I confirm I'm using the same data types and I did not increase the records in Excel. putting below the path for the record. Now it is taking 6 minutes to run for an excel with 250 records and the switch with 3 conditions + the default. I think that 6 minutes is a long time for this volume still.

Let me know if you have any suggestion.

Thanks!

Ezequiel

Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGCapture2.JPGCapture3.JPG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @ezequiel ,

Let's try to optimize this configuration.

If Fetch information action is actually List rows present in a table action, it seems that your Flow configuration will include Apply to each.

If so, you could try setting Apply to each and adding Degree of Parallelism to improve execution efficiency.

121.PNG120.PNG

In addition, Filter Query can also come in handy, and filter rows before using Condition to make judgments. Filter Query can be configured in both List records action and List rows present in a table action.

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,416)