cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

256 rows limit

I am trying to import up to 50,000 lines from a table in excel into a SharePoint list.

I have it working but it is currently capped at 256 rows. I have been doing some searchign on here and have found that other people have had the same issue but they have solutions based on using the 'Get Rows' action, however i dont seem to have this as a possible action?

I am using 

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG#

Everything runs ok but i just hit the limit of 256, without using the 'Get Rows' action which i dont seem to have i cant find a way around it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sam_Chapman ,

Please click Settings, then enable Pagination to increase the limit to the expected value.

Image reference:

10.PNG11.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Sam_Chapman ,

Please click Settings, then enable Pagination to increase the limit to the expected value.

Image reference:

10.PNG11.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Thanks for this,

I gave it a try and it has worked to an extent, there is currently a limit of 5000 so i can not go any higher.

I will changed it to 5000 and 5000 worked. Will suggest to Microsoft they increase the limit!

Highlighted

So it seems to be able to read 5000 rows but it can only write 2048 rows into the SharePoint list? Any ideas?

Highlighted

Hi @Sam_Chapman ,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it seems that this is the current limit. There is no additional setting for Create item action to increase the number of writes.

Please consider submitting your suggestion in Idea forum to increase the maximum number of writes:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best Regards,

Highlighted

Yes i have done thankyou 🙂

Highlighted

i am failing in apply to each . I have 1276 rows. I only has one action variable that adds all the valuves and gives a sum.

Highlighted

Can you share us a screenshot of your flow below?

Highlighted

like i am able to read all rows but in apply to each is failing after 10 min but if i run one branch then its running perfectly fine.

Capture.PNG

Highlighted

Gents, do you have any updates on the row limitation?  Has it been increased beyond 5000?

Highlighted

Nope, it has not increased yet.

Highlighted

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,945)