cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dentonneal

2nd of 3 Sequential Markdown Links Doesn't Generate Correctly

I am new to all of this, and I am stumped.

I am trying to use markdown to shorten three file links in an approval e-mail.  The second of 3 will not work.  I haven't found a mistake, and I haven't figured out what could possibly be wrong.  The trigger, not visible, is an MS Forms response.  I've copied screenshots of the flow, schema from ParseJSON...2, notification message showing the wrong link, the "Peek Code", and the relevant expression.  If I add a parenthesis at the end of the problem expression, the link visually displays correctly, but it breaks the link.  It's like the 2nd "first..." expression is consuming the closing markdown parenthesis, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

dentonneal_0-1640728201845.pngdentonneal_1-1640728228778.png

dentonneal_2-1640728237155.png

dentonneal_3-1640728716596.png

dentonneal_4-1640729061087.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

I would add several Compose statements to isolate the value of the link so you can see it before embedding it in the markdown.  Something about that value is different from the others.  I don't see anything obvious at this point other than the closing parentheses.  But you'll need to isolate the values and compare them to see why its not working.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

You're suggestion prompted me to look more closely at the link, and how it's generated before the flow.

I figured it out...

When MS Forms auto-created the SharePoint folders for the uploads in one of the early iterations of my form, it used and abbreviated the text (some iterations contained parenthesis) in the related form questions, leaving a hanging parentheses in the file path.

This didn't show up for 1 & 3, because their applicable iterations of the form (when the SharePoint folders were created), didn't include parentheses in the text of the forms question.

1. I renamed the directory folders with the hanging parentheses.

2. Forms and PA automatically detected the file path change.

3.  Voila.  Solved.

Thanks for the help.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pstork1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

If you look at the link that is being printed there is no closing parentheses on the link address.  That's why its not being accepted as markdown.  I think your parentheses are somehow mismatched.

That was the first think I noticed, too.  So I added an extra parentheses, there after the 2nd "first..." expression.  It made the markdown work correctly, but it broke the link generated from the expression.  It's like the expression is consuming the one parentheses for some reason...still stuck.

<thing>

I would add several Compose statements to isolate the value of the link so you can see it before embedding it in the markdown.  Something about that value is different from the others.  I don't see anything obvious at this point other than the closing parentheses.  But you'll need to isolate the values and compare them to see why its not working.

You're suggestion prompted me to look more closely at the link, and how it's generated before the flow.

I figured it out...

When MS Forms auto-created the SharePoint folders for the uploads in one of the early iterations of my form, it used and abbreviated the text (some iterations contained parenthesis) in the related form questions, leaving a hanging parentheses in the file path.

This didn't show up for 1 & 3, because their applicable iterations of the form (when the SharePoint folders were created), didn't include parentheses in the text of the forms question.

1. I renamed the directory folders with the hanging parentheses.

2. Forms and PA automatically detected the file path change.

3.  Voila.  Solved.

Thanks for the help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,292)