cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
AlyneRankin
Level: Powered On

3,500 Outlook emails - filter subject line to Excel List & save attachment to OneDrive

Hello Flow Community,

This is my first time creating a Flow.

I am expecting to recieve 3500 emails, each one with an image attachement and a persons name in the subject line.

I already have the flow template that takes attachments and puts them in a OneDrive folder, this works great for me.

However, I would also like to create an excel list that lists out all the names in the email subject line and cross references that to the file name of the attachment? Can anyone help in pointing me in the right direction if one such template exists?

I should also add - all emails are being sent to a new emaill address/account being set up so in otherwords I only expect the 3500 emails with attachemnets to come in. No other filtering to worry about - i think. 

Thanks in advance,

A newbie to Flow 

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: 3,500 Outlook emails - filter subject line to Excel List & save attachment to OneDrive

Hi @AlyneRankin,

Do you use the built-in template “Save Office 365 email attachments to OneDrive for Business” of Microsoft Flow?

Does the incoming email have any other attachment files except an image file?

There is no such template existed in built-in templates of Microsoft Flow currently, but you could consider take a try to create such flow from blank.

I create an Excel file whose content is formatted as a table in my OneDrive for Business folder. The data structure of my Excel file as below:6.JPG

If the incoming email only contains one image attachment file, I have made a test on my side and please take a try with the following workaround:

• Add “When a new email arrives” trigger of Outlook 365. Click “Show advanced options”, set Has Attachment to Yes and Include Attachments to Yes:7.JPG

• Add a “Apply to each”, Input parameter set to output of above trigger.
  • Within “Apply to each”, add “Insert row” action of Excel connector, specify File name and Table name.
  • Add a “Create file” action, specify Folder Path, File Name (Dynamic Attachment Name) and File content (Dynamic Attachment content).

Image reference:8.JPGThe flow works successfully as below:10.JPG

More details about Excel connector, please check the following article:

Excel connector

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
AlyneRankin
Level: Powered On

Re: 3,500 Outlook emails - filter subject line to Excel List & save attachment to OneDrive

Kris,

This worked fantastic! With the test complete we are almost ready to start accepting the emails. Thank you!

Another question:

1. is it possible to set up flow to send me daily emails on the number of succesful runs it completed. I dont want to recieve an email every time someone sends a file (3500 - yikes) but can it send me what it runs at the end of the day?

Many thanks again!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @AlyneRankin,

Do you want to send daily emails on the number of successful runs it completed within previous flow that I provided?

I think there is no way to send daily emails on the number of successful runs it completed within previous flow in Microsoft Flow currently.

I suppose that you want to get all received emails in your Inbox folder of your Outlook daily, but there is a limit in the number of emails that we could get in Microsoft Flow currently. We could only get 25 emails of Outlook at most using "Get emails" action of Outlook connector in Microsoft Flow currently. I afraid that there is no way to achieve your needs in Microsoft Flow currently.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,559)