Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rashkae
Level: Powered On

400 Bad request code on valid email addresses

Good Afternoon,

So I've built a Powerapp that sends out requests to Customers via email. The idea is that the users sending out requests select the Customer from a dropdown list then selects the Email from a cascading dropdown which the users can also select another email to which it can be CCed to the email to maximizing the amount of visiblity the email has. Problem is during testing I'll send out emails to myself as a sort of Test Customer which typically is successful however sometimes when I have other users test it the flow will recognize my email and other emails as invalid. Can someone explain to me why this might work some of the time but not all of the time? This my particular error. 

One or more of the email addresses you entered are invalid.

One or more recipients are invalid.
clientRequestId: 2c67429b-c800-4a70-9606-9395cd97f02b
serviceRequestId: 1a3f49c4-f66e-4a9c-a816-11c6491047ca

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: 400 Bad request code on valid email addresses

Hi @Rashkae 

I have handled a recent issue that sounds similar.

What would be helpful is if you can post the output of the failed flow run as an image and the JSON too and I will see if I can spot the issue.

Are there multiple email addresses in either the TO or CC field seperated like the below?

user1@domain.com;user2@domain.com;user3@domain.com;

if not, can you clarify if it is just 1 email in the to & cc field at all times?

Thanks, Alan

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Super User
Super User

Hi @Rashkae .

That's great news, looks like it was in line with what I posted above just guessing. i.e the format for multiple email addresses would be sepertaed by a semicolon.

hence ... "user1@domain.com;user2@domain.com;user3@domain.com;" (last semicolon not required but does no harm)

In order to assist any other who may visit with a similar issue, please consider accepting my suggection as a solution.

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Proud to be a Flownaut!

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rashkae 

I have handled a recent issue that sounds similar.

What would be helpful is if you can post the output of the failed flow run as an image and the JSON too and I will see if I can spot the issue.

Are there multiple email addresses in either the TO or CC field seperated like the below?

user1@domain.com;user2@domain.com;user3@domain.com;

if not, can you clarify if it is just 1 email in the to & cc field at all times?

Thanks, Alan

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Rashkae
Level: Powered On

@AlanPs1 I think I figured it out there was no ; between the the two emails who were CCed on the email. The flow is supposed to CC a customer and the Creator because it sends it from a Shared email and when the customer replies it they are supposed to reply all so the Creator gets it and the Shared mailbox gets it.

Super User
Super User

Hi @Rashkae .

That's great news, looks like it was in line with what I posted above just guessing. i.e the format for multiple email addresses would be sepertaed by a semicolon.

hence ... "user1@domain.com;user2@domain.com;user3@domain.com;" (last semicolon not required but does no harm)

In order to assist any other who may visit with a similar issue, please consider accepting my suggection as a solution.

If you have found my post helpful, please mark thumbs up.

Any other questions, just ask.

Thanks, Alan

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,840)