cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HolgerLoebel
Advocate I
Advocate I

403 forbidden - always insufficient access rights or other reasons possible?

Hi,

I frequently get an 403 error when experimenting with copying/creating files on sharepoint. Manually, I can execute the desired actions (create folders, add files, delete files...) on the sharepoint library.

I am not an admin of the libraries, so before I bug the admin with this issue: does this error message always mean that I have insufficient user rights or may it also be due to a poorly configured flow?

This is the error message I get:

{
  "status"403,
  "message""403 FORBIDDEN\r\nclientRequestId: b8ae6b58-aaa8-4a17-9ad0-eaff90060577\r\nserviceRequestId: 9afc6f9e-c095-6000-cd63-b1dfe06a9181",
  "source""XXXXXXXXX.sharepoint.com",
  "errors": []
}

Thanks for an indication what this error message really means.

8 REPLIES 8
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HolgerLoebel,

Could you show me how is your flow configured? You said that you can manually execute actions such as create folders, add files, do you mean that you execute these actions directly on SharePoint site?

Are you using SharePoint Online or SharePoint on-premises? Please make sure the connection is created with correct log-in option.

Error 403 forbidden means that you don’t have appropriate permission to access the site, please try to remove the connection then recreate it.

Please also check this doc, hope it would be helpful for you:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-integrating-applica...

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I have exacty the same problem message : "403 FORBIDDEN clientRequestId: 63dd8e29-844e-4dea-83ab-5fa30d089b01 serviceRequestId: a5c1799e-3006-6000-fd14-1c8c0c421ad6"

For a classic "Copy file" flow from Sharepoint App. 

I can execute the copy manually in the sharepoint site but the flow didn't work. 
I check the connexion on Sharpoint just like it's recommanded for 403 error but nothing change. 

Is that flow is not allowed to copy documents ? Or did I use the wrong type of Flow for copying on folder to an other space in the sharpoint site ? 

Thanks in advance for you're help. 

Having the same problem. Was this issue resolved?

simb55
Advocate II
Advocate II

Is there a solution or workaround to this issue yet?

I'm experiencing the same problems.

santz
Regular Visitor

This is still happening to me when creating a new flow for other colleagues. I cannot add outlook connector since it is asking for a new MS account. but the other connectors automatically detects our company profile. Any solution to this?

Alkindi1222
Helper II
Helper II

Same here, my flow is getting items from sharepoint and pushing to Dyanmics365 finance for operations.

{
  "status": 403,
  "message": "{\r\n  \"Message\": \"An error has occurred.\",\r\n  \"ExceptionMessage\": \"Forbidden\",\r\n  \"ExceptionType\": \"System.ServiceModel.Web.WebFaultException`1[[System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]\",\r\n  \"StackTrace\": \"   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Services.ServicesSessionProvider.ThrowSessionCreationException(ServicesSessionCreationErrorCode exceptionCode)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Services.ServicesSessionProvider.GetSession(Boolean isILSession, Boolean bypassAuthentication, WorkLoadTypeEnum workLoadType, String issuer, String company, String language, String partitionKey, ClaimsIdentity claimsIdentity)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Services.ServicesSessionManager.InitThreadSession(Boolean ilSession, SessionType sessionType, Boolean bypassAuthentication, String authIssuer, String company, String language, String partitionKey, ClaimsIdentity claimsIdentity)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Platform.Integration.Common.SessionManagement.ServicesAosSessionManager.InitializeSession(SessionType sessionType, Boolean bypassAuthentication, String authIssuerThumbprint, ClaimsIdentity claimsIdentity)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Platform.Integration.Common.SessionManagement.OwinRequestSessionProvider.CreateSession(ClaimsIdentity claimsIdentity)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Platform.Integration.Common.SessionManagement.ServicesRequestSessionHelper.EnsureRequestSession(IServicesRequestSessionProvider servicesRequestSessionProvider, ClaimsIdentity claimsIdentity)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Platform.Integration.Common.SessionManagement.EnsureServicesRequestSessionHandler.EnsureServicesRequestSession(HttpRequestMessage request, IApplicationEnvironment applicationEnvironment)\"\r\n}\r\nclientRequestId: 45360ee0-063c-4c6d-a433-b0e480b7f352",
  "error": {
    "message": "{\r\n  \"Message\": \"An error has occurred.\",\r\n  \"ExceptionMessage\": \"Forbidden\",\r\n  \"ExceptionType\": \"System.ServiceModel.Web.WebFaultException`1[[System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception, System, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]]\",\r\n  \"StackTrace\": \"   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Services.ServicesSessionProvider.ThrowSessionCreationException(ServicesSessionCreationErrorCode exceptionCode)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Services.ServicesSessionProvider.GetSession(Boolean isILSession, Boolean bypassAuthentication, WorkLoadTypeEnum workLoadType, String issuer, String company, String language, String partitionKey, ClaimsIdentity claimsIdentity)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Ax.Services.ServicesSessionManager.InitThreadSession(Boolean ilSession, SessionType sessionType, Boolean bypassAuthentication, String authIssuer, String company, String language, String partitionKey, ClaimsIdentity claimsIdentity)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Platform.Integration.Common.SessionManagement.ServicesAosSessionManager.InitializeSession(SessionType sessionType, Boolean bypassAuthentication, String authIssuerThumbprint, ClaimsIdentity claimsIdentity)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Platform.Integration.Common.SessionManagement.OwinRequestSessionProvider.CreateSession(ClaimsIdentity claimsIdentity)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Platform.Integration.Common.SessionManagement.ServicesRequestSessionHelper.EnsureRequestSession(IServicesRequestSessionProvider servicesRequestSessionProvider, ClaimsIdentity claimsIdentity)\\r\\n   at Microsoft.Dynamics.Platform.Integration.Common.SessionManagement.EnsureServicesRequestSessionHandler.EnsureServicesRequestSession(HttpRequestMessage request, IApplicationEnvironment applicationEnvironment)\"\r\n}"
  },
  "source": "eni-dev-17993a87229d8bea4devaos.cloudax.dynamics.com",
  "errors": []
}
mariejacques

I am having this exact same issue. All my connections work manually, but I have a 403 error when trying to access the Shared Documents folder in a task that copies email attachments from Outlook. Has anyone found a resolution or work around for this?

Josh_9

For future reference in case it helps someone.  For me the problem was this:

Josh_9_0-1652073782118.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,700)