cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper I
Helper I

429. The request failed. Error code: 'XrmApiRequestFailed'.

Context: A flow that is not hitting data sources hundreds or thousands of times a minute (not high volume). 

Workflow was tested in UAT dozens of times, with no issues. And these were where approvers were at the standby to approve within time proximity to each other, with no rate limiting errors at all. 

There is a first instance of the same workflow, that was triggered days earlier that is NOT showing this error. 

Again, i am not writing thousands of entries to some data store. And it isnt failing on a write action, but a Start and Wait for Approval action. 

Error log is as follows. Any ideas?

429. The request failed. Error code: 'XrmApiRequestFailed'. Error Message: 'Request to XRM API failed with error: 'The cache request to assign a role failed with status code '429' and message: 'Message: Combined execution time of incoming requests exceeded limit of 900000 milliseconds over time window of 300 seconds. Decrease number of concurrent requests or reduce the duration of requests and try again later. Code: 0x80072321 InnerError: Type: Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.Throttling.ThrottlingTimeExceededException`1[[Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ODataV4.Throttling.ThrottleKey, Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility, Version=9.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]] Message: Combined execution time of incoming requests exceeded limit of 900000 milliseconds over time window of 300 seconds. Decrease number of concurrent requests or reduce the duration of requests and try again later. StackTrace: at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ODataV4.Throttling.ODataThrottlingHandler.<ThrottleRequestAsync>d__8.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ODataV4.Throttling.ODataThrottlingHandler.<>c__DisplayClass7_0.<<SendAsync>b__0>d.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.PowerApps.CoreFramework.ActivityLoggerExtensions.<ExecuteAsync>d__11`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Xrm.Telemetry.XrmTelemetryExtensions.<ExecuteAsync>d__6`1.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ODataV4.Throttling.ODataThrottlingHandler.<SendAsync>d__7.MoveNext() --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw() at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task) at System.Web.Http.HttpServer.<SendAsync>d__0.MoveNext() InternalException: '.'.'.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gmellis1 ,

What is your current situation?

This issue did appear in MS Tenant last week, but the issue has been resolved.

I tested it on my side and the Approval action works fine.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @gmellis1 

Please have a look at these links and might be helpful.

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/crminogic/posts/one-way-to-overcome-429-error-concurrent-reques...

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customer-engagement/developer/api-limits

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gmellis1 ,

What is your current situation?

This issue did appear in MS Tenant last week, but the issue has been resolved.

I tested it on my side and the Approval action works fine.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (7,619)