502 bad gateway error but flow running succesfully

Hi all, 

I have a flow triggered from Powerapps, which creates:
a Team (Teams)

a Sharepoint item (data of the team)

several Sharepoint folders

online excel file in sharepoint

sends an e-mail with the excel link

Today I started receiving "FlowName.Run failed: error 502 bad gateway, message: the server did not receive response from an upstream server." (details in the attached picture)

NPI CReate team error message 20_09.PNG

However the flow run status is Success, and team is created as well as everything else...

What I´ve found though is that when I play the app (triggering the flow) from make.powerapps studio I get a powerapp runtime error on the flow triggering button/OnSelect:

NPI Powerapps flow error message.PNG

If I resubmit the flow the error disappears but returns once I play the app and select the button...
Any ideas?
Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hancha
Resolver I
Resolver I

Well, 
I did not find any solution but a workaround:

The error was apparently caused by the flow response into powerapps parameter.
The response  was supposed to tell me if a sharepoint item name already exists to avoid duplications (i.e. the first flow action was checking SP list duplications).
I removed that and started checking this in the powerapps itself via collection...
However I still wonder what and where the flow response hiccup was...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rrovira
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello, @Hancha!

Have you tried to resubmit your app? https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-automate/fix-flow-failures#other-failures

Cheers!

Hello @rrovira,

that was one of the first things I tried:
Once I re-added the flow, the error in the app resolves itself but on the first run/button selection it is back....

not sure what you mean by re-submittin g of the app...

I also tried remove and re-added the trigger in flow but the result is still the same

Hancha
Resolver I
Resolver I

Well, 
I did not find any solution but a workaround:

The error was apparently caused by the flow response into powerapps parameter.
The response  was supposed to tell me if a sharepoint item name already exists to avoid duplications (i.e. the first flow action was checking SP list duplications).
I removed that and started checking this in the powerapps itself via collection...
However I still wonder what and where the flow response hiccup was...

How long was the flow run? After less than 2 minutes (somewhere I read it was 90 seconds) I think the app assumes that there was no response

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,317)