cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GoGorilla
Helper III
Helper III

A Boolean value in the On connector of a Switch in power automate

I have a flow that has been working for a while where the switch On value is a Boolean called HirMgrComplete.  I had the values in the switch as Yes  and No respectively as the TrueText property is equal to Yes and the FalseText property is equal to No in the PowerApp.  It worked for several months but I am now getting this error:

yesNo.jfif

onboardingFlow.jfif

I have tried true and false as well as 1 and 0.  When I try true and false I get the following error:

"The template validation failed:  'The template action 'Switch' at line'1' and column '5463' is not valid:  the value 'True' specified for 'case' property in switch case 'Hir_Manager_Complete_Yes' is not allowed.  Only values of types string, number or a '@parameters()' expression that evaluates to a number or a string is allowed.'."

Any help would be very much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
abm
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @GoGorilla 

Workaround is convert the boolean value to 1 or 0 using an IF expression. Please see below.

image.png

Above my expression is as follows

if(items('Apply_to_each')?['OpenpointsW'],1,0)

My boolean field is called 'OpenpointsW'

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blogPower Automate Video Tutorials
GoGorilla
Helper III
Helper III

@abm I will give this a try but I am extremely curious as to why it has been working as is for months and months.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (962)