cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KAW
Level: Powered On

A Condition using "contains" variants always returns true when evaluated against Box.Com File Name

In a condition evaluating the File Name or the File Path from a Box.com FIle Created trigger, using any of the contains, starts with, does not contain and does not start with variants, the result is always true. I've tried reversing the logic dozens of different ways. I know the file name is good because I use it in a subsequent step to copy the file to a local file system. The copy works perfectly and the file is named appropriately. 

Does anyone else have this issue? Know the solution? This is somewhat frustrating because I've used conditions with "contains" on other dynamic data and until now it hasn't been an issue.  

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: A Condition using "contains" variants always returns true when evaluated against Box.C

Hi @KAW,

Could you please share a screenshot of the configuration of your flow?

Could you please exlpain more details about your issue?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

KAW
Level: Powered On

Re: A Condition using "contains" variants always returns true when evaluated against Box.C

What exactly would you like to know?

This condition always evaluates to true no matters which form of "contains" is used. 

box_condition_always_true.jpg

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,949)