cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan2
Frequent Visitor

A binary operator with incompatible types was detected

Hi all,

I try to imitate an integration with a web store in Dynamics 365 CRM. I created a flow with which a lead is also created as a contact person. The first name, last name and lead number fields are copied from lead to contact at creation of a lead. With a second flow I try to transfer changes from a lead to the corresponding contact.
In the flow I initialize a variable called lead of the string type for the field "leadnummertkst". Then I use a filter query: new_contactpersoonnummertkst eq {x} lead. However, this filter gives this error message:
  "status": 400,
  "message": "A binary operator with incompatible types was detected.Found operand types 'Edm.String' and 'Edm.Int32' for operator child 'Equal'.",
  "source": "demo.crm4.dynamics.com",
  "errors": [],
  "debugInfo": "clientRequestId: e03e7c6b-7e1b-403b-97a9-73ae5e81389f"
}
This method works well when I replace the text fields "leadnummertkst" and "contactpersoonnummertkst" with fields of the data type integer.

Regards,  Jan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jan2,

Could you share more details on your flow? How did you try to initialize a variable string?

I have made the following test, please check it for a reference.

The variable StringTest is of type String, and it returns a proper value.

1.PNG

Here is a blog on how to use variables, please check it for a reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/How-Set-Variable-can-be-used-as-a-...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jan2,

Could you share more details on your flow? How did you try to initialize a variable string?

I have made the following test, please check it for a reference.

The variable StringTest is of type String, and it returns a proper value.

1.PNG

Here is a blog on how to use variables, please check it for a reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Flow-Community-Blog/How-Set-Variable-can-be-used-as-a-...

Best regards,

Mabel

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Hi Mable,

I try to imitate an integration with a web store in Dynamics 365 CRM. I created a flow with which a lead is also created as a contact. The first name, last name and lead number fields are copied from lead to contact at creation of a lead. With a second flow I try to transfer changes from a lead to the corresponding contact.
In the flow I initialize a variable called lead of the string type for the field "leadnummertkst". Then I use a filter query: new_contactpersoonnummertkst eq {x} lead. However, this filter gives this error message:
  "status": 400,
  "message": "A binary operator with incompatible types was detected.Found operand types 'Edm.String' and 'Edm.Int32' for operator child 'Equal'.",
  "source": "demo.crm4.dynamics.com",
  "errors": [],
  "debugInfo": "clientRequestId: e03e7c6b-7e1b-403b-97a9-73ae5e81389f"
}
This method works well when I replace the text fields "lead leadnummertkst" and "contactpersoonnummertkst" with fields of the data type integer.

flow.JPG

Best regards, Jan

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,157)