cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Argenm
Level: Powered On

A flow that creates a new row in an Excel online spreadsheet that inserts the data from a form.

Hey guys, at my company we've been using Cognitoforms to submit case manager request forms, but we want to stop using Cognitoforms if possible, and try to keep everything in one place. Let me tell you what the procedure is so that you have a better idea of what I'm asking for.

A clinician meets with a client, then he or she, based on the client's needs, fills out a form that requests necessary services for that client. The form gets emailed to the clinican's manager and also to the person who assigns case managers to these types of clients. 

Once the form is submitted, the person in charge of assigning case managers, reviews the form, then forwards the form to the case manager. 

The case managers then, go to an online Excel form that they have to fill out the data manually (Name of the client, date, task, certain codes and IDs, etc..). They will also write updates in this Excel sheet so that when the managers open the Excel, they can see how the task is coming along.

Here is the form that the clinician submits:

form1.png

After the submission, emails get sent out to the clinician's manager and to the person that needs to assign a case manager. When he receives the form, I would like it to have a drop down field where he can choose a case manager then submits the form again, which then will create the new row in the Excel, and finally emails the case manager, notidying them about the new case they're are assigned to.

Again, we are trying not to use Cognitoforms if possible, is there any way to achieve this? I really hope I was clear!

Thank you for reading.

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: A flow that creates a new row in an Excel online spreadsheet that inserts the data from a form.

Hi @Argenm,

If you don't want to use Cognitoforms, you could take a try with Microsoft Form.

Best regrads,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 172 members 4,728 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: