cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nicolasdb
Level: Powered On

A flow with Apply to each takes never completes

Hey community! Need your help on this one!

I have a flow with an apply to each loop, making http calls for each item in the list. The whole process usually takes about 5-7 minutes to complete. I have even set timetouts on request to ensure it won't get stuck. The Flow is recurrent and runs every 5 minutes. Problem is, sometimes, the loop gets stuck forever. At least, I noticed today one instance ran for 19 hours, starting yesturday. If I cancel it and go in the run details to inspect, I see nothing running for more that a few seconds, except the global loop running time which is at 19 hours. Even the last item was processed within a second.

Oh and I even optimised the flow to remove any set variable, I use compose instead. I also added a safety check for running time but it's not hitting it since it's at the end of the loop itself, no further task is executed.

I even used FlowStudio to inspect the details and nothing took more that a few seconds to execute. It looks like a bug to me with the loop but maybe one can have a different input on that or a workaround. It's happening at least once a week and it happend twice this week already. Any idea?

Annotation 2019-10-17 111249.png

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: A flow with Apply to each takes never completes

Hi @nicolasdb ,

Please try setting Apply to each, and set the Degree of Parallelism to the maximum, then check if it improves your situation.

Image reference:

106.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
nicolasdb

Hi,

That's a good idea but unfortunately I can't activate parallelism sinc this can cause conflict as 2 tasks can update the same DevOps WorkItem at the same time. This results in an update error. I know it takes a little longer to run but it's usually not that bad!

nicolasdb

I created a bug report with this. You can find it here: Post #388983 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 234 members 5,029 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: