cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

AI Builder OCR - Recognize text in an image Formatting

I'm using the AI Builder  - Recognize text in an image action for my flow. I am having an issue with my flow output where the text gets output into multiple lines in my SharePoint list. I want the text output into a single 'Detected Text' cell per image. Unsure of how to do this.

I used the following link to help me build the initial flow.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/ai-builder/flow-text-recognition

Here is a screenshot of my flow:

ocr flow.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Instead of creating item inside the second loop use Append to string variable to create multiline text per item . Then after loop add create item action and add your variable in detected text.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous ,

Instead of creating item inside the second loop use Append to string variable to create multiline text per item . Then after loop add create item action and add your variable in detected text.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so I did that but there is no dynamic content loaded for the name in Append to String Variable. The drop down box is grayed out when I select it, so I cannot put anything for name. Also unsure of what to put for the value as well.

Here's a screenshot of my flow now:

ocr3.png

HI @Anonymous ,

In order to use Append to string variable use Initialize variable and give it name of your choice , outside of all loops. Since this variable is not created that is the reason you are not getting it in the dropdown.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I think I'm really close to getting it to work but do you know what the value of the Initialize String Variable is supposed to be? I can't seem to figure that out...

ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Leave it empty 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (3,079)