cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate I
Advocate I

API error pulling uploaded file from form into email

Hi There! I know there are several posts regarding email attachment but I am getting an api error it seems and I am trying to determine why the uploaded item cannot be found.

Both the form and the flow are related to a team, if that helps. 

The instructions I followed are here

I keep failing on the "get file content using path) step - looks like the following:

{
"status": 404,
"message": "Item not found",
"source": "api.connectorp.svc.ms"
}

The path I am entering is:  /Apps/Microsoft Forms/Sponsor Image Addition Request/Question/first(body('Parse_JSON'))?['name']
(the expression is definitely entered as an expression, not just typed in)

Which yields this output path: /Apps/Microsoft Forms/Sponsor Image Addition Request/Question/18596_greeting2_Devon Brown.jpg ... but I am still receiving an error.

file content.JPG

Here is a shot of my flow - thank you in advance!

flow1.JPG
flow2.JPG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @devatron 

To recap what we did is as follows:

Find the file meta data using file path and finally pass the id to Get File content by Id.

Thanks

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Power Automate Video Tutorials

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @devatron 

check the path  /Apps/Microsoft Forms/Sponsor Image Addition Request/Question/first(body('Parse_JSON'))?['name'] is correct and make sure the file is there.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

@abm  - and this is where I might be stupid 🙂 So taking that path and pasting it into my browser and file explorer, I get nothing. 

However, the way I added it was using the selection tool in the step itself. Should I be doing something else? Or trying to access that path even in a different way?

forms path.jpg

Hi @devatron 

This is stored under your one drive as default. See below.

image.png

What's your first expression you are using? Make sure there are no space after Question/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @devatron 

Try to select the file and see whether that works or not. This way it make sure that the hardcoded file is working or not. Another way to try is add a compose and add the path and filename mapping. Next set the output compose mapping here. Make sure set as Dynamic content.

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

@abm Interesting - I actually never used OneDrive previously as my company uses share point. I do see in my local OneDrive folder that nothing is there (see below):

empty one drive.JPG

But when i go through he process I described previously, all items live there. Thoughts? Perhaps I am confusing something still, which is entirely possible.

file list.jpg

Hi @devatron 

It must be your office one drive? Who is the owner of the Forms? It must be related to that account.

Also did you tested with my suggestions.

Check your one drive connector using your office account? That might be the case?

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Hi @abm !

When you mentioned "selecting the files" I assumed that is what I was trying to do by finding them via the path wherein I ran into those issues I had screenshots for. 

I am the owner of the form but I shared it with our team that was created - could that be the issue? 

Hi,

Remove your expression and select the file from the drive and test?

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

I just tested and selected a specific file in that same folder path and it definitely attached. So that means something with the expression is broken possibly? Or is it something else that I should consider?

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @devatron ,

Is it a group form? I noticed that you enter form id to Form Id instead of selecting options from the dropdown list.

If it is a group form, we need to get the file content from the SharePoint Library.

Please check this similar thread and see if it helps:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/O365-Group-Form-responses-with-attachments-to-Sha...

Please take a try and feel free to let us know if you have any other questions.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-bacao-msft  Thank you - the form is shared with the Team so I imagine that makes it a group form, correct?

I will take a look at that thread today. Thank you so much!

So I tried a few things with my current flow build.  Trying to update the file path to simply:

/Shared Documents/Apps/Microsoft Forms/Sponsor Image Addition Request/Sponsor Image Upload/@{items('Apply_to_each')['name']}

Yielded an invalid expression error. Even when I applied @{items('Apply_to_each')['name']} in the expression field and clicked "ok". I then went ahead and added first(body('Parse_JSON'))?['name'back in and even with the new path I am still getting failures. 

I will dig into the youtube video referenced in the thread you linked and follow back up!

Hi @devatron 

To recap what we did is as follows:

Find the file meta data using file path and finally pass the id to Get File content by Id.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

View solution in original post

@abm  Thank you again for taking the time to walk me through it. Have a wonderful rest of the day!

Hi @devatron ,

So, I want to confirm where did you get the content of the file? SharePoint Library or OneDrive for business?

Best Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

It's OneDrive for business.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Hi @abm ,

This is where I am puzzled. As far as I know, if it is a group form, the attachment seems to be stored in the SharePoint Library.

Maybe this is not a Group form ??🤔

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Super User III
Super User III

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

In my knowledge it always store under the OneDrive. Here @devatron  was using his business account so we need to use the OneDrive business connector.

Thanks

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Learn more from my blog

Hi @abm ,

When I helped this user solve the problem, I found that if it was a group forum, I could not get the files from OneDrive for Business.

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/O365-Group-Form-responses-with-attachments-to-Sha...

By analyzing the path, it appears that these attachments seem to be stored in the SharePoint Library.

Best Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (98,117)