cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nate178
Advocate II
Advocate II

Ability to make Custom site value actually find the site when interacting with SharePoint

Triggers Used:
When an Item is created
When an Item is created or Modified 
Update Item

I cant for the life of me get Flow to recognize the site value that im putting into the box when i select "Enter Custom Value". Flow NEVER finds the site, and forces me to use the sites in the list and throws an error saying it cant find the site, in which for this flow i am creating, is NOT interacting with any site that is in said list. MS, this is rediculous. Im going to have to user SPD to do this which is lame beyhond comprehension.

PLEASE FIX THIS

3 REPLIES 3
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Nate178,

Have you created connection to the SharePoint site?

Please make sure that you are entering the proper Site URL and you do have access to the site.

Best regards,

Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-yamao-msft

Im a Site Collection Administrator for my entire tenant. I have created a connection to sharepoint and the flow that i had developed is listed in the connection. Also, at the beggining of my flow is a trigger (When an item is created), which is referring to the same site and list that i am trying to connect to when trying to update an item. I am entering the correct URL for this site, whethere entering it manually or copy/pasting it in the flow, so i have no idea what is going on here.

yes, i have made a connection to Sharepoint. I used the trigger, when an item is created, on the list/site in question, and when i go to update the item that had been created, it tells me it cant find the site. IMO, the way it SHOULD work is, that when you use that trigger (when an item is created), that the site that you enter in initially SHOULD show up in that list. Thats just my dos centavos

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (1,719)