cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
DimmarC
Level: Powered On

Access approver's email without using "Get Items"?

I have the following scenario to tackle but unfortunately I'm stuck:

1. User adds an approval request on a sharepoint list
  2. Approvers field is a person/group column
  3. A recurrence is in place to automatically send an email to the approver bi weekly
  4. I don't want the approvers to get notified every time a new item is being added but rather receiving an email with a link to the sharepoint list so that they can review the items in batches and manually change the approval status.

On "Send email" step, the recipient should be the approver but I don't want to use "Get items" to access the dynamic content as then the approver receives a notification for every item under his/her name. I tried to use Rest/Api function but it gets too complicated. Any feedback would be most welcome! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Access approver's email without using "Get Items"?

Hi @DimmarC,

Do you want to send an email to Approver on the list once a week, let them click on the link to batch approval on the SharePoint list site?

I am afraid you couldn't get Approver email without using Get Items action. Maybe you can create Flow by the following workaround.

Get all Approver emails via Get items and put them in the array.

8.PNG

Use the union() function to remove duplicate Email addresses,then Use Join action to separate these emails with semicolons and use Join-Output as recipients in send to.

Compose action-Expression:

union(variables('ApproverEmali'),variables('ApproverEmali'))

14.PNG

It worked, as below:

16.PNG

15.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DimmarC,

Do you want to send an email to Approver on the list once a week, let them click on the link to batch approval on the SharePoint list site?

I am afraid you couldn't get Approver email without using Get Items action. Maybe you can create Flow by the following workaround.

Get all Approver emails via Get items and put them in the array.

8.PNG

Use the union() function to remove duplicate Email addresses,then Use Join action to separate these emails with semicolons and use Join-Output as recipients in send to.

Compose action-Expression:

union(variables('ApproverEmali'),variables('ApproverEmali'))

14.PNG

It worked, as below:

16.PNG

15.PNG

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

DimmarC
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-bacao-msft

Wow, so many breakthroughs for me in one reply. I can't thank you enough. For a beginner like me, examples like this one with expressions help me connect the dotes!

Your solution obviously works like a charm. I have one more question for you; If I want to include the dynamic name of the approver in the email's body, do I follow the same steps? (initialize second array variable, append with approver's display name, union 2, compose 2, join 2 and use output of join 2)

Many thanks for your solution!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @DimmarC

Are you saying the name of Approver? yes, this can be done, you could take a try.

Best Regards,

Barry

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,097)