cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattw112IG
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Access token has expired or is not yet valid

I have a flow that I am running to get groups of a user from AD.

Several of them came back as failed "Access token has expired or is not yet valid"

But hundreds more came back fine.  The users with this error, arent anything special. I'm a global admin anyway.

It seems to be some issue in Power automate?  How do I get around this?

Terry

4 REPLIES 4
v-duann-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Mattw112IG 

Thank you for posting.

According to your description, you got access token error for specific user while running flow.

Actually, the error has nothing to do with flow. This is normal behavior which is designed based on system security mechanism.

This is access token lifetime limitation and we are not able to configure from user side. Thus, you could only update or create a new connection to the connector before the Flow Access Token Expires as workaround.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-configurable-token-...

Hope the content above may help you.

Thanks

Anna

Hi thanks,

But like I said some work fine and others give this message...

So maybe user groups  1-10 work, 11 fails, 12-15 work, 16 fails...

So it isn't that all of them fail at some time threshold.

Thanks,

Terry

jcollins
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi @Mattw112IG ,  I'm getting the same thing. Using the Get user Profile & Get Manager actions to get just 88 staff profiles.  Mine runs everyday and each day it fails on random accounts.   I am leaning towards a threshold limit being reached and then it throttles the action long enough to fail and then picks up again.  The hunt continues... let me know if you find anything. Cheers! 
Joe

schuess3
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

I too have the same issue, but I do not understand what you are suggesting for a fix @v-duann-msft ? Can you re-phrase or be more specific?

Thanks

matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

User Group Leader Meeting January 768x460.png

Calling all User Group Leaders!

Don't miss the User Group Leader meetings on January, 24th & 25th, 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,513)