Did you mean: 
Marty3012
Helper I
Helper I

Accessing Filter items after Create HTML table

Hi,

I have the following extract from a flow I am using;

FilterCreateHTML_Issue 1.png

Here I populate the HTML table using the items from the 'FilterName'. When I click on the body of the 'Send an email' I am able to see the 'Create HTML table' in the dynamic content. This is all good, however, I am no longer able to see 'FilterName' in the dynamic content. If I were to remove the 'Create HTML table' action then I am able to see 'FilterName' in dynamic content when trying to populate the email body. I am not sure why this occurs?

As a result I tried to come up with a work around below;

FilterCreateHTML_Issue 2.png

Here I have included a 'parse JSON' action in order to get the individual elements/items from the 'FilterName' in order to use them in the email body along with the 'Create HTML table'. When I click on the body of the email I can see both of them in dynamic content, but I was hoping the individual items/elements of the parse JSON would be present, not just the 'Body'. I'm not even sure if this is the right way to go about this.

Could someone advise? Would be much appreciated.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
efialttes
Super User
Super User

Hi!

The point is:

-'Filter Array' output is an array

-'Create HTML' output is a string

I am just wondering, what do you need to show from your 'Filter array' output that is currently not present in your HTML table?

THanx!

Each time you click on any of our inspiring answers 'Thumb up' icon...
...an ewok scapes from the stormtroopers.

Be grateful, Thumbs up! Save the Galaxy for free!

Escribo sobre Power Automate en:
https://medium.com/anyone-can-automate/

Proud to be a Flownaut!

The Filter array is filtering on an Excel file that has over 50 columns. The HTML table only contains 10 of these and I cant add anymore to it as the table is being used as a brief description for each row in the excel file. That is why I was also trying to access the filter array, as that will have columns which are not used in the html table so that I can use them in other areas of the email body.

Thanks for your reply

Forgot to ask. What is the best way to include the HTML table and other elements from the Filter in the same email? Is the parallel branch the correct way? I'm new to JSON so not sure it will work in this scenario. thanks

Hi!

Why don't you use two "Create HTML table" action blocks, then?

I mean, unless you need to show something in your body related to a specific item from your Array....

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

@Marty3012 wrote:

Forgot to ask. What is the best way to include the HTML table and other elements from the Filter in the same email? Is the parallel branch the correct way? I'm new to JSON so not sure it will work in this scenario. thanks

Hi!

You can do it sequential also.

Hope this helps

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,610)