cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Accessing value of JSON array

Hi,

I am having trouble accessing the value of a simple JSON array.

The array looks like this

[
  {
    "displayName": "Some Name",
    "assignedUser": "xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
  }
]

My question is, how can pass  the value 'xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx' on to the next step?

I've tried filtering, parsing and selecting, but am running out of ideas.

Specifically, it is a user ID and I'd like to pass it to the step 'Get User Profile'

Thanks,

kgstaub

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: Accessing value of JSON array

@kgstaub  if you copy the array information into a Parse JSON control (selecting Generate from Sample then pasting it in) you should then be able to use the assignedUser from the dynamic content in actions further on:
parseJSON.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

@kgstaub  if you copy the array information into a Parse JSON control (selecting Generate from Sample then pasting it in) you should then be able to use the assignedUser from the dynamic content in actions further on:
parseJSON.png

Rob
Los Gallardos
If I've answered your question or solved your problem, please mark this question as answered. This helps others who have the same question find a solution quickly via the forum search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. Thanks.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

If you are looking to retrieve only the first element of that try using this :

first(array_name)?['assigneduser']

Thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

What if you want to access the 3rd row in the array? Is that possible to access specific columns and rows?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (9,632)